twenty-one

Meg's POV

Kimberly drives me and Tiffany to Chris's house for his party. I'm still so surprised that we were even invited. We aren't even really in the same group of friends. Well, we weren't actually invited, Kimberly was. We park in front of his house and walk in. Inside, there are so many people that I barely talk to. Some of them are pretty good friends, but everyone else is practically a stranger. Then I see someone walking my way and can't see clearly. As they get closer, I realize that it's Rolf and Joey.

"Meg! I didn't know you were coming!" Rolf says.

"I didn't know you were coming either!" I say.

"Well aren't you glad I did?" He shouts over the music.

"If it makes you happy," I say.

"Let's go get some food!" He says.

He grabs my hand and pulls me away. I look back at my friends and reach out for them. But they are too far now. Tiffany comes following us, laughing. Joey walks behind her. Tiffany and Joey. Who knew? Rolf pulls me with him to the kitchen and grabs a bunch of food then brings me to the backyard with him. Joey and Tiffany follow behind us.

When we get it the backyard, there are less people here. We sit down in the patio dining area and Rolf puts the food down. I look and it's all candy.

"What about dinner?" I ask.

"Oops," he says.

Tiffany laughs then sits in a chair and I walk over to sit next to her, then Joey sits down in the seat I was about to take. I sit across from Tiffany and Rolf sits next to me.

"I'll go get some real food," Tiffany says.

"I'll show you where it is," Joey says.

They walk away and I stand up to follow them. Then Rolf grabs my wrist and I look at him.

"Don't leave me I'm sick," he says.

I sit down and put my hand on his forehead to check his temperature. It's not hot or cold, just warm.

"No you're not," I say, "Are you drunk?"

"I'm not feeling well," he says.

"Probably cause you're drunk," I say.

"I know, but I want you to stay," he says, "Every time I wanna talk to you, you leave."

"Fine," I say.

I sit down and face him. He smiles very brightly. The kind of smile that extends from ear to ear and makes your eyes small. He has a weird, but cute smile. I notice that he looks better when he's not talking so much. He puts his hands on my cheeks.

"What the heck?" I say.

I feel my blood rushing to my cheeks and my pulse getting faster. He gets closer and I start getting scared, then he gags. He throws up on my jacket, then his head falls on the table. I push him off and stand up. Then I walk to the bathroom, hoping no one notices the vomit on my jacket.

***

Tiffany's POV

I walk down the hall and look for the food. This party is pretty lit, not gonna lie. Everyone seems to be having fun and I'm not that bored. After taking a bunch of turns, Joey walks in front of me and leads me to the kitchen. As I'm walking in, I don't realize that the steps go down and I keep walking. My feet lose their place and I clumsily fall. I awkwardly get back on my feet and try to look casual, then Joey looks back at me.

"Gosh you're so clumsy," he says.

"It was too early for me to say you weren't rude," I say.

I walk away and see a ping pong table outside where no one is. I look at it for a while, then Joey walks up to me.

"Let's go, I wanna play ping pong," he says.

He walks to the table and I follow behind him. He grabs the paddle and hits the ball. It goes past the table and flies across. I laugh out loud at him. He looks annoyed.

"Just get the ball," He says.

"Alright captain," I say.

I run to the ball that has started rolling down the floor and as I bend down to get it, I kick it with my feet and it goes farther away. I run after it and then I kick it again and it gets farther. Then when I finally get to it I try grabbing it but it continues to roll down and I spin around as I try to get it. When I finally grab it, I see Joey laughing at me.

We play again and we both hit with so much force it's actually unbelievable. I start laughing at how bad we are and he does too. It doesn't feel embarrassing or awkward, just really fun. It's that feeling when you laugh so much you can't breathe. I just realized that no matter what I'm doing, whether it's fun or not, I want to be with him. No matter what happens, I'd rather be with him.