nineteen

Kimberly's POV

I walk into Physics class after having a boring day. The more I go into this class, the more I want to kill myself. This class just makes me so confused to the point that I don't even want to learn anymore. I sit in my usual seat and put my head down. I'm so early and there's no one here yet. Great.

"Kim?" Someone says.

I put my head up and see Chris in front of me. This close, his eyes are really pretty and his smile is so bright. I applaud his dentist. Okay, back to reality.

"Yes?" I say.

"So let's meet on Saturday," he says.

I questionably look at him then laugh out loud.

"Oh my gosh Chris, we just finished our project!" I say and laugh.

"Very funny," he says, "I'm so done with that project."

"Me too," I say.

"No, I'm talking about my party," he says, "Do you wanna come?"

I stop smiling and my mouth opens. This is more surprising than anything  that has happened this whole day. Did he just say that?

"Wait what?" I ask.

"I'm having a party at my house cause our championship games are on Friday," he says.

"And you want me to come?" I ask.

"Of course!" He says, "Ask your friends to come too."

Then he walks to his desk and the bell rings. I can't believe what just happened, but I'm kind of really happy. I haven't been this excited in a long time. Throughout class, I can't stop smiling so I keep my head down.

***

Chris's POV

After class, I walk to my lunch table. On the way there, I walk to Reneè's locker with Steven to get her books for the next class.

"Why do you do all of this for her?" Steven asks, "She doesn't do anything for you."

"Cause I want to," I say, "she's not a horrible person."

"I know but she still.." Steven says.

"I know everyone thinks she's a bad person, but she's not," I say, "She's nice if you know her."

"Why do you like her?" Steven asks.

"Well she's friendly.. And.." I stutter.

"I feel like you like the Kimberly girl even more."

"What are you saying?" I ask, "Are you doing drugs? I told you not to do that stuff."

I open her locker and grab her trig book and binder. It's he blue binder with pictures of horses and flowers. Then I see a watch on the bottom of her locker and grab it. I am startled when I see it. I just look at it for a few seconds before Steven speaks up.

"She must've left her watch here when she last came," he says.

"No," I say, "she doesn't own a single watch and this isn't a women's watch."

I put the watch in my bag and then close her locker.

"Whose is that?" Steven asks.

"I don't know but it's not mine," I say.

I walk to Reneè's table and give her books.

"Aw thanks Chris!" She says.

She stands up and hugs me. I let go of her and tell her to come with me to the corner of the quad.

"What's up?" She asks.

"What's this?" I ask, showing her the watch.

"Oh that watch?" She says, "It's my cousin's! He's shadowing today and he left it at my house last week when they visited so I brought it for him."

I feel relieved and not relieved at the same time. I don't know why I worried so much. I hug her and apologize.

"Sorry I was paranoid," I say.

**4 hours later**

"Oh my gosh look at Rick here! He looks like he wants to kill himself," Steven says.

We stay after school and look at pictures of us being weird. We scroll through several photos on my camera roll then see one of us with another group of friends.

"Look at Henry! He's trying to look cool with that smirk face," Steven says.

We laugh at him and then I look at his hand and notice something looking familiar. I nearly drop my phone when I see the same watch.