ten

Joey's POV

I wake up early to fix my breakfast, then realize that there is more than enough food for myself. Unknowingly, I prepare another plate of breakfast. It's the exact same as mine, but it's not for me. I guess this girl has actually started to grow on me. Then as I'm making coffee, I remember that she doesn't like the taste and I throw it out. I make hot cocoa instead with marshmallows on top. I eat my breakfast first then sit down on the couch and watch tv. Then Tiffany walks out of her room, yawning. I stand up quickly.

"You're up pretty early," she says.

"Oh yeah i guess," I say, "Are you going skiing today?"

"Yeah, I'm just gonna make breakfast first," she says.

"You don't have to, there's already breakfast for you on the table," I say.

She walks to the dining table. "Wow did you make this?"

"What? Your mom made it obviously."

"But she's still sleeping."

"She woke up early to make it then slept again," I say awkwardly.

"Uh-huh," she says suspiciously, "Is this coffee? Gross."

"No it's hot chocolate," I say, "I'm going to go outside."

I exit awkwardly, feeling quite embarrassed. Whats up with me? I am suddenly waking up early and making breakfast for this girl. What's makes her so different? I feel so strange around her. She has this weird grip on me. I pace around for a while, thinking about the same thing as I listen to music. Not to mention, I'm not the least bit excited about going skiing. I don't even know how to ski, I've never gone this high up a mountain. Then Tiffany walks out the door and closes it behind her.

"I told my parents that we're going out skiing," she says, "My brother and sister are joining us when they wake up."

"Okay," I say.

We walk to the ski rental area and each grab a pair of ski gear. She puts hers on really quickly, but I struggle with putting mine on. Tiffany notices and looks at me.

"Do you know how to ski?" She asks.

"It's my first time, actually," I say.

"Don't worry, I'll help you," She says.

She shows me how to put on the ski gear and how to move around in it. Then we try going down small slopes first. I fail at first but she really doesn't give up on trying to help me. She's really cute when she starts getting frustrated with me. I slowly try skiing down small sloped of the mountain. Tiffany stays by my side and holds onto my arm. I try to go down and I slip, but she holds onto my hand. She quickly let's go and continues behind me.

After a while, her brother Jake comes. They are so good at skiing, but she still takes care of them. I guess it's in her nature that she's so caring. The way she smiles when she's with her siblings is so cute, especially with her little sister. Even though she's really childish, it makes her cuter. I head back into the cafe and sit down with my parents.

"We didn't know you and Tiffany were such close friends," my dad says.

"I didn't either," I say.

After I drink my coffee, I walk outside and see Tiffany sitting on the bench. I sit next to her and give her a cup of cocoa. I look at the sky and relax.

"You're being really nice to me recently," she says.

"Should I be rude?" I ask.

"No I like you when you're nice," She says.

I look at her as she sips her hot cocoa and looks at the view from the mountain. From up here, you can see all the trees and the lake very clearly. The nature itself is nice and the Christmas lights in the village are very bright and festive, but I'm only looking at one thing.

"The view from up here is so beautiful," she says.

"It really is," I say.

"I wish I could stay here forever," she says, "no worries and no problems, just this."

"Me too," I say.

She looks at me and laughs. Even when she laughs she's so loud. Everyone nearby can hear her.

"I can't believe you were so bored and uninterested during the start of this trip and now you love it here," she says.

"It grew on me," I say.

"This place can really do that," she says, "I would know since I go here every winter."

"I should've known about this sooner, then I wouldn't have wasted any time," I say.

"Now you know," she says, "So you won't waste your time anymore."

**10 hours later**

"10, 9, 8..." everyone shouts.

"Do you have a New Year's wish?" Tiffany shouts in my ear.

"7, 6, 5, 4..."

"Yeah, you?" I shout.

"Yeah!" She shouts.

"3, 2, 1..."

Then the colors fly in the air. The fireworks shoot up in the air, filling the sky with light. Everyone shouts and makes noise as the timer ends. Tiffany screams her lungs out in front of me. This New Year was certainly special. After all the clamor is over, I walk with Tiffany in the garden in the back. We sit down by the flowers and I pick one, only to find out that they are fake.

Tiffany laughs. "Nothing grows up here cause it's too cold, so they put fake flowers then spray the room with perfume."

"That's just great," I say.

"What did you wish for?" She asks.

"Mm.... Secret," I say.

"Wooow," she says in a childish tone.

"I'll tell you next time," I say.

"When is next time?" She asks.

"I don't know, just next time," I say.

"I'll wait," she says.

I take one of the fake flowers and give it to her. She doesn't realize it at first, but then takes it in her hand.

"Why are you giving me a fake flower?" She asks.

"Cause they never die, so you can keep it forever," I say, "And to remember this day even after a long time. Even when I'm acting like a jerk, you can still remember that I was nice on this day."