Chapter 17

F/f= favorite food

I was super excited for the date. I'm glad that Aphmau helped me out too, even if she seemed insane. I chilled on the couch until Laurance arrived. It didn't take him too long, considering we live just down the street from each other. I opened to the door to reveal Laurance in a suit.
"You clean up nice." I say.
"I could say the same to you." He said just before cracking a smile. I playfully punched his arm. He laughed a little.
  "Shall we go?" He said, extending his arm.
  "We shall." I wrapped my arm around his as he walked me to his car. He opened the door me and closed it after I got in. He got into the drivers side.
"So, where are we going?" I asked. He looked over at me and smiled.
"It's a surprise."
Little time skip
"Okay close your eyes." Laurance said.
"Why? You haven't even stopped the car yet." I replied.
"Please?"
"Fine." I closed my eyes and waited for the car to stop. It soon did but I had to keep my eyes closed.
  Laurance got out of the car and went around to my side. He opened my door and grabbed my hand, leading me somewhere.
  "If you're taking me somewhere to kill me, I'm going to be really mad." I told him.
  "I'm not going to kill you." He replied while laughing a bit. "Okay you can look now."
I uncovered my eyes and saw a cute little picnic blanket set up under some trees in the park. The park was empty so it was extremely quiet.
Laurance and I sat down. I noticed that there were three candles, all on their own little dishes. He pulled out some f/f and drinks.
"I love f/f!" I cheered. He smiled a little.
"I know." He chuckled.
Time skoop
  After we finished eating, we packed everything up and put it in Laurance's car. He drove is back to his house.
  "Come on." He grabbed my hand and drug me to his room. He grabbed a blanket and opened the window, climbing onto the roof. I followed. He laid the blanket and sat down, motioning for me to sit with him.
  "This is more of my thing." I said as I sat next to him. He just laughed and looked up at the stars.
  It was a beautiful sight, really. Blues  and purples stood out in the dark sky. It was splashed with stars and small clouds. The moon seemed to be glowing brighter than usual. From up there, you could the silhouettes from the trees perfectly. The whole thing just seemed unreal. Like a painting.
Laurance's POV
  She sat down next to me and looked up at the sky. She seemed to be lost in its colors. I saw her eyes flicker from detail to detail, taking every last bit of the scene in front of us in. A small smile crept onto her lips.
  "It's beautiful." She said, finally.
  "It is. I thought you would like it." I told her with a small smirk. She looked over at me and smiled brighter.
  "I love it. It's just so surreal. Is it like this every night?" She asked me, turning back to the horizon.
  "Only sometimes. I come up here a lot to clear my mind." She was about to reply but it started to rain.
  "I love the rain!" She cheered.
  "If it gets too bad we should head inside, though." I told her. She agreed.
  We sat outside for a little bit longer but it started to pour. Y/n and I were both soaked.
  "Ahh! Come on!" She grabbed my hand and ran back to the window. She went inside first, then me. She looked at me and bursted out in laughter.
  "What's so funny?" I asked her. She pointed to my hair, still laughing. I looked in the mirror on my wall and saw my hair looked ridiculous.
  "Your hair isn't much better." I pointed out.
  "Alright, we both look bad." She put her hands up in defeat.
  "We should dry-" I was cut off by the power going out.
  "Well, now we can't see our horrible hair." Y/n said.
  "Heheheh, I guess so."
Y/n's POV
  "Let's go out to the living room to see what we are gonna do." Laurance told me. I almost forgot that the guys were here too.
  I followed him out and sat down on a couch. Garroth, Travis, and Dante soon came out. I turned on my phone's flashlight so we could see one another.
  "I'll go see if I can get the power to come back on." Garroth said as he went to the garage.
  "Do we even have any lights?" Dante asked.
  "I don't think so. I would've seen them." Travis said.
  "How much battery does everyone have?" I asked the group. We could last for a while if we used out phone flashlights. "I have 45"
  "27" Laurance said.
  "31" Garroth told us as he walked in. "And the power isn't coming back on."
  "I've got 63" Travis said.
  "Only 4" Dante said.
  "Okay well we should be able to last a while on our phones. Dante's gonna die soon, though." I told them.
  "Eh that's okay. I don't talk to anyone these guys don't. Well, Nicole but that's not too important right now." Dante said.
  After a while I broke the silence. "Soooooo... What now?"
  "We could tell scary ghost stories." Travis suggested.
  We all agreed and sat in a circle. Travis decided to go first....

So this is super late and short and I apologize for that. It's hard for me to write things about dates and stuff. I hope you liked it though!
Word count: 971