5: Creation

Jack's POV

When I woke the following morning, my thoughts were all for that soldier: Mark. Although I was clearly a disaster with a sword, having never touched or held one before in my life, I still enjoyed the training session that we had. For the most part anyway. By the end of it, I could tell that Mark and I were both frustrated and tired, and I hoped that it didn't happen that way again. That man was so handsome, his voice deep and alluring and his eyes a melted brown that you could simply get lost in. His smile was radiant, and I could guarantee he could stop thunderstorms with that grin, and his laughter was even more incredible. This was beyond all of his swordsmanship skills and other talents he had, not to mention his incredibly formed behind, but I wanted to see him again. Hopefully I would improve this time in my swordsmanship.

I jumped out of bed, more excited at the thought of seeing Mark again. I changed out of my clothes, finding something clean and that looked attractive. The more I thought about the man, the more I found him appealing. I swiftly reminded myself that my father would not approve of a gay prince, and paused in my movement. Mark was nothing more than another soldier to me, or he was supposed to be anyway. My father would surely lock me up if he found me drooling over a soldier, let alone a male one.

"You can dream, can't you?" My thoughts tempted me, and I smiled. I could dream, and I could think about him all that I liked. No one was in my head but me, and now Mark. He was handsome, and I continued to tell myself this as I made my way outside my room, closing the door behind me. I walked down the corridors, silent in the morning as the maids and guards who tended to the castle in the evening went to sleep, and those who watched during the day prepared themselves. I walked out into the large throne room, heading towards the door as my father spoke to the General and a couple other men who lived here in the castle with us. They were the wise men, older and once war generals or high ranking in politics who advised my father in his decisions. I was hoping he wouldn't see me, but I didn't hope strong enough.

"Prince Jack, a word, please?" I heard my father call, and I stiffened, my hand outstretched towards the door and nearly touching its handle. With a sigh, and frustration at how close I had been, I turned around and faced my father with a reluctant smile. I walked towards the group, and my father leaned forward as the General talked among the other men, continuing the conversation as I got closer. "Have you thought anymore on that marriage proposal? The other kingdom is growing weary, and I fear for our safety."

"We have a good defense, and a strong army. We haven't been beaten before, I thought I made myself clear." I said in a strong, cold voice. My father's glare met my own, and I narrowed my gaze further. "I told the General of my intentions, and I know he's passed them along to you. Leave me alone about it." I turned on my heel and walked towards the door, feeling the icy glare of my father freeze unto the back of my head, but I ignored him. There wasn't anything he could say to me that I knew for sure already, and I wasn't interested in what he was speaking about. I walked out into the fields where Mark was stretching, and he straightened up as I walked towards him. He bowed down to me, and the gesture seemed so childish and futile. I sighed, looking down at him before shaking my head. "Mark, please, that's really not necessary. Stand up." Mark did as I was asked, and I found my sword by the dummy, right where I'd left it yesterday.

"Are you sore at all? Sometimes that first workout can get to you." Mark told me, and I thought about it. I was okay for as long as I knew, and had a good range of motion with my legs. I lifted the sword.

"I think I'm- holy shit!" I felt pain sear between my shoulders and down my arms. I dropped the blade, hissing in surprise and reaching back to rub the affected area. My muscles were scolding me for lifting the sword, and I looked over at Mark who was clearly struggling to hold in laughter. His eyes were bright with amusement, and I rolled my eyes. "Alright, so I'm a little sore."