Chap. 10 Shards and Anger

"There was something I didn't mention when I met you and had no desire to tell anyone actually...." Levi covered his face, gritting his teeth.

"It's ok. You can tell me." Eren leaned back into the couch with a warm smile.

"About one year ago I was in a serious car accident and nearly lost my life. And my joints are getting tight and all. I'm just not feeling my best~" He said quietly, rubbing his shoulder.

"Oh... I'm so sorry, you should be getting better and all~" Levi cut Eren off.

"Oi, Stop! I'm fine brat." He said coldly, standing up and attempting to stretch.

"I'm just trying to help..." Eren muttered as he began to walk away, his feet tapping on the bamboo floors and the noise bouncing off the sad and lonely grey walls.

'I should stop him... Tell him sorry! Why aren't I moving!!! I can't have him get close to me... He'll somehow get hurt! But! BUT! I want to tell him what I feel! I... I LIKE HIM!!!' Levi thought, sitting on the cushioned couch, having his usually unreadable expression.

Then Eren put on his shoes and slammed the old wooden door shut, making the pictures on the wall rattle and it made Levi drop his cup of tea, it shattering into millions of tiny shards on the ground. Levi just tiredly looked down, picking up the pieces with his bare hands as the cut threw his palms and fingers with every movement.

"What am I doing....." Eren said angrily as he walked down the street, his poster a slouch and his expression like a snake ready to attack.

He noticed a women with bright red hair tied in a bun ahead of him, she looked like she might cry but had flames in her eyes the color of her aggressive hair. Eren realized then it was the secretary from earlier and felt bad, knowing how many times Levi had turned her down.

He just shoved his hands in his pockets and continued to walk home, passing the women and somewhat ignoring her presence completely.

He finally got home and went to bed almost immediately, his energy gone from the long days working.

As the day came to an end and night spread across Seattle, rain started to poor. Eren immediately woke up and was freaking out, hearing the lightening in the background. He sat in living room covering his ears, when there was a slight creak at the door. Eren didn't notice it but someone had entered the house...

Levi had just took some medication and was now working on a project when the rain started, remembering Eren he paused work, grabbed a dark umbrella and headed out to Erens apartment.

He walked the quiet and rainy streets, the rain pounding into the umbrella. Levi noticed the umbrella was starting to brake at the tips so cursed and threw it in a random alley, letting the rain hit his pale skin, letting it drain there his Raven locks.

"Shit~ he better be ok..." Levi noticed Erens front door was slightly open so rushed up the stairs to see if he was ok.