Chap. 33 Leaving

Months had past and life was on the usual cycle, playing music, baking, seeing Levi, repeat. Eren took him out to the bakery once a week. As the months went by, he got stronger and stronger. Walking better, no wheelchair and only a cane now. Levi still felt weak. The thought of someone taking care of him haunted him like a demon in the shadows. But he moved on from it.

Finally, it was his day. The day he was ready to leave. Everyone was gathered in the lobby waiting to see him come out of the elevator. They were so happy to have him back at work and have things run smoothly once more. Everything was bound to go back to normal. Maybe even better than that. They all stood silent as they heard the elevator open, Hanji freaking out and was so excited to see her best friend, jumping up and down as Levi put on a tiny smirk for everyone.

The day was a celebration as they helped him back to Erens tiny apartment. Eren and Levi had talked about living together but it was finally time, Erens heart rushed and everything was falling together like a puzzle.

Levi waved quietly to everyone as he slightly limped to his room, everyone slowly sitting down. Knowing he'd want them to be working. Eren helped clean off his desk, kissing Levi's cheek. "I love you, I'll pick you up when you're done." He said kindly, pushing his growing hair back and itched his stubble. "Get out of here brat." Levi teased, still having an awful pit in his stomach as if this utopia wouldn't last forever. And he was right...

Eren then grabbed his bag and walked out, planning more recipes to add to the bake shop and ultimately add a new cake called Levi. It would be a white cake with a bitter dark chocolate outside, each serving being a thin small slice because of the rich chocolate that filled in between the layers. He was truly happy, the business thriving, his life. Perfect.

That was, until he got home, opening the door to find a small note. It read.

'Meet me at the center of the Chihuly Garden inside the glass building. 11 pm. Don't be late if you want the truth about him.'

Erens eyes widened and his heart sunk. "No more of this shit..." He sighed, wanting to know what was going on though and would never turn down a challenge. "Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck." He hissed, his anger growing as he through the note at the ground and hit the wall. His fist bleeding slightly.

"I have to know."