Chap. 35 Masks and Questions

Erin sat up, constantly reaching for his phone as if it was still there, trying to unlock the door. His heart raced as his anger grew and grew, the recent depression subsiding like falling rain.

The clear night dancing and covering up the horror below, Erwin pulling the car away. He smiled as his rough hand slid over the wheel to turn on some ABBA, an odd choice which Erin raised an eyebrow at. It even made him freeze for a second. Erwin rolled his eyes as he felt the music, the blondes hair not moving from all the product he packed into it. It seemed like hours that they drove but Eren couldn't tell if it was his nerves or not.

- - -

Levi sat in bed waiting for Eren to get home, rubbing his hands together lightly as he grabbed his cell phone, quickly calling him. Immediately he was sent to voicemail. He raised an eyebrow and looked back down at the phone, clearing his throat and slipped out of bed, using his cane to pace. After a few more calls, that's when he got really nervous "hello, Eren? Call back. Are you ok?" He stuttered, not meaning to and even felt a bit embarrassed he did. Levi felt the pain in his side again so sat back down, wishing he could move and run like he did as a child. His memories starting to drift back to him more which just made him sick. The thought of Erwin, his teacher. A man he was supposed to trust and look up to...

"Ackerman. I think you should study in my class after school today, it seems you've been struggling recently with my class." Erwin pointed out, Levi didn't reply, just looked down at his shoes. "I-I think I'm fine..." He mumbled, Erwin setting his thumb under the sophomore boys chin and lifting it up. "You're coming after school. If you don't, there'll be consequences." The man hissed, the bell ringing and lunch ending. Levi just nodded and quickly left, Erwin slapping the boys ass as he shuffled out of the room. Erwin watched him leave, so ready to see the boy after school wearing nothing. He loved to humiliate him. He wanted to break him, not physically but mentally. He wanted to destroy Levi and he didn't know why it seemed so easy.

"Where were you?" Isabel grabbed Levi's arm from behind, making him flinch. "Studying, I don't have time to be doing all these extra things." He said seriously, keeping his head down. "Well eating is important big bro..." She mocked, taking her thumb and pointing finger and easily wrapped around his wrist. "Small.." She joked, Farlan coming up behind to mess up Isabel's hair, making her pout.

"You tryin to leave me?" He joked to them, Levi rolling his eyes as Farlan yawned. "We hanging out after school? We can go walking or something~" He smiled with teeth, Isabel nodding. "I'm innnnn." She chuckled, still holding onto Levi. "I- no, I can't. I need to work with Mr. Smith.." Levi pulled his arm away, both of them sighing.

"You're with him all the time. Big bro, you have lunch with him and are with him before and after school. It's like you're in love with him." She half heartedly joked, Levi beginning to flame with anger. "I'm not in love with him. He's disgusting— I mean..." He cleared his throat. "This is my class.." Levi's voice trailed off as he practically dove into his next class, Farlan and Isabel looking at eachother nervously. "Is something happening...?" Farlan said awkwardly, Isabel scratching her head and shrugged.

- - -

The car finally stopped as Erwin looked back at Eren. "Put on the mask, I don't want you knowing where I live." He pointed to the black mask sitting on the leather car seat. "What is I say no—" Eren tried to disobey, Erwin rolling his eyes. "You really want to test that." He hissed, touching what seemed to be a pocket knife as Eren immediately went silent.

Erwin slipped out of the car and opened the door for Eren, forcing the mask over him and practically dragged him out, pulling him across a parking lot and up a set of stairs. Eren could only hear what was happening until he heard keys opening a door and then air conditioning hitting him.

The mask was pulled off of him in a rush and he was pushed onto an old brown couch. Erwin looked down at the boy, seeing the same pathetic look that Levi would give him, it making him smile. "I car here for information.. not for you." Eren snapped, sitting up as Erwin pushed him back down, his rough hand sliding to feel Erens stubble. "You really fell for that bullshit?" He smirked, his head slightly tilting.