Chap. 21 Escape and Engagements

Erens eyes sunk into his face, his palms began to sweat and stress and anxiety began to over come him as he attempted to keep his cool, leaning back into the hospital bed. "I'm going to see him right now." He whispered, nothing being able to change the boys mind as he ripped the cords out of his arm and slipped out of the cold bed, his smooth yet large feet touching the light tile floor. They left a small print around his feet from how warm they were as he walked to the door, some what in a daze.

Mikasa in one instant was in front of him, blocking the door, shaking her head. Her eyes were cold and some say you can see the soul through someone's eyes but there was nothing in hers. While as Eren's had dreams and wonder, yet a scared and angry outer shell that not many could break. Mikasa stood her ground when Eren looked at Armin. "Look away, I don't want you to see me do this..." He whispered, Armin gulping and about to ask what he meant but that's when he just threw a punch at her. It was weak but hit her in the jaw and made her scoot to the side some. She cursed, thinking she chipped a tooth and leaned against the splitting door frame that pricked her back.

Armin jumped, going to Mikasa's side to help her, not understanding all that she'd done. "I don't need your pity!" She spat, pushing the small boy away as he stumbled onto the floor. "I-I'm sorry, I just wanted to help! Thats all!" He rambled, rubbing his elbow which was now slightly bruised. She rolled her eyes and ran out of the room.

Eren had already darted around the hall and to his closed room door, his hand now throbbing as he slowly creaked open the large and sturdy door. His breath hitching with terror yet anticipation to see him. When the door fully opened Levi laid in bed, Hanji next to him and another man that he hadn't met before. He was tall, muscular, only had a single arm but it seemed to his advantage. The blonde man was the first to notice him, smiling and tilted his head thinking Eren was a lost child until Hanji popped up.

"EEEERRRRREEEEENNNN!!!" She cried, bolting from the chair and into his shaky grasp. "Are you ok? Oh god, I heard you collapsed!" She said scaredly, pushing his hair around and tried to laugh but only tears came instead of laughter. "Oh... Um... Eren, let me talk to you outside. Away from Erwin." She smiled sadly, the man not caring and just took her seat next to Levi, holding his hand which some what pissed Eren off in a way.

Eren obeyed after a few seconds and went outside the room, looking around to make sure no one, meaning Mikasa, was coming. "First of all. How are you?" She cooed, becoming almost like a crazy drunken mother figure to the boy as he nodded. "I'm just glad to see him alive..." He was able to say without crying, his deep voice cracking at points as he fought the tears that attempted to surface.

"Well... Eren... t-the man in there is---" She tried to explain when Erwin opened the door. "Sorry, I should of introduced myself. I'm Erwin, Levi's fiancé." He smiled handsomely, Erens face going into a blank stare.