Chap. 30 Swollen Knuckles

He looked at the person on the bed and raised an eyebrow, looking at the door number again. Levi was at the wrong room, a woman crying over her husband. He tensed up and closed the door, hoping they didn't notice him as he went to the door next to it.

Levi took a calm deep breath, his lungs filling and his small chest moving up and down. His ribs rubbed against his pale skin as his small and delicate hand went to the nob, slowly turning it. The door made a light creak as the smell of mold filled the hall. His nose crinkled in disgust as he wheeled in, the room pitch black, the curtains closed. Everything was silent except for the wheels on his chair, slowly going over and turned on the lamp. "Shitty----... Hanji?" He corrected himself, clearing his crackly throats and saw her sleeping, her nose broken and her eyes black with a touch of blood and purple.

Levi sighed, going to take her hand to just see more blood on it with swollen knuckles. "You fought hard..." He whispered, taking a deep breath and looked at her sadly. "Fucking damn it, why do you get into these shitty situations for me." Levi hissed, knowing she wouldn't hear him. "You're so stupid... Stop caring Hanji..." He complained, about to cry as he held it together, looking the other way. He's never had such a good friend, well she was his only friend. 

Eren then ran threw the door, hearing about what happened when he went to the front desk and saw the blood, having almost the exact same reaction as Levi, yelling at the lady and then sprinting to the RIGHT door. "Levi..." He murmured, walking to him quickly and took a deep breath. "Levi, why are you out of bed. You aren't well enough!" He said scaredly, Levi rolling his eyes and kissing him lightly.

"You worry too much." He cooed, Eren sighing and pushed his hair out of his face and looked over at Hanji, sniffling and sat at the end of her bed.

Levi sighed as his stomach grumbled, wondering when the last time he ate and Eren heard it too. He actually jumped. "Heichou, can I check you out of the hospital and take you out?" Eren said cutely, Levi smiling lightly and nodded.