KaiRen

"Confusion" KaiRen One-shot (Requested by @EmiliaUchiha) (This is going to be awfully long... more than 2000 words but less than 3000)

Ren paced back and forth in his office. He sighed as there was nothing to do and he had no company.

Asaka went to Miyaji Academy for an intramural match, so did Tetsu and Kyou, and Suiko was busy with idol work. Basically Ren was alone.

He doesn't know anyone else from Fukuhara High. Ren sighed in annoyance as he was bored.

He then had an idea. Ren got his phone with a smile and leaned on his chair, placing one foot on his desk.

His fingers lingered on the contact number and Ren looked at the ceiling. (A/N: I can imagine...)

"Eh? What if he's busy...?" He wondered out loud and scratched the back of his neck. "Nahh! Doesn't matter!" Ren exclaimed with a wide smile.

He tapped 'call'. "Might as well bother you, Kayi!"

--------------

"My turn. Draw." Kai declared his turn. He was fighting Aichi again. "Ring the bell signaling the end of time, envoy from purgatory that will destroy the-" He was cut off by the ring of his phone.

"Heh. Wrong timing, eh?" Miwa, who was watching the fight, chuckled. Misaki was also watching and laughed a bit.

Kai took out his phone and sighed. "You're such a jerk, Ren..." He muttered. He returned his phone to his pocket.

"Eh? Kai-kun, why don't you answer it?" Aichi asked and tilted his head a bit to the side.

"It's not that important. It's just Ren." Kai said and the ringing stopped. "Sorry about that, let me continue." He said and Aichi nodded.

He raised his avatar card again in the air as he declared his chant. "Ring the bell signaling the end of time, envoy from purgatory that will destroy the world! Ride the Vanguard! Perdition Emperor Dragon, Dragonic Overlord the Great!" (Chant taken from episode 192, when he was fighting Gaillard)

"There it is." Miwa said and Misaki nodded, while Aichi got ready for Kai's attack.

"Seek the-" His phone rang again. "Tch..."

"Again eh?" The blond sneered.

"It seems to be urgent, Kai-kun. Why don't you answer it?" Aichi suggested and Kai sighed before nodding a bit.

"Miwa, you finish the fight." He said and handed the cards in his hand to Miwa, who nodded and smiled.

"Okay! Now I can get to use Kai's legion deck!"

Kai went outside the shop and answered Ren's call. "What is it, Ren?!" He asked, annoyance evident in his voice.

"Aw, that's cold of you, Ka-yi! I just wanted to-" He interrupted Ren. (A/N: I really think Ren calls him Kayi in the anime...That's how I hear it)

"Just get to the point!"

"Ah, I get it. You were fighting with your mate again, and then you're in the middle of your chant when I called, eh?" Ren said in his usual happy-go-lucky tone.

"So what if I am?!" He was really annoyed with Ren right now.

"Aw...You're so mean, Kayi...I just need company right now..."

"Then how about Narumi, Shinjou, Yahagi and Tatsunagi?!"

"Asaka, Tetsu and Kyou are at Miyaji for an intramural match, and Suiko is busy with her idol work..." Ren said and Kai could almost imagine Ren pouting.