Not An Apology and Awkward Dinners

~~ Sophia's POV ~~

I'm never going to leave. It's a man's voice this time, not some young boy. I'm not sure if these voices I hear are here to hurt me mentally or what?

"Can I come in?" My dad asks as he opens the door.

"You're already in."

He looks at the door and smiles, "right." he walks in the room and sits on the chair that's next to my window, "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I just wanted to apologize. I was wrong to ignore your calls." he nods, "But I want to hear from you, why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I didn't tell you sooner because I was afraid."

"Afraid?" I ask as I sit on the floor

He nods, "Afraid of what you'll think of me or what you'll think of her. Most of all I was afraid of it changing everything."

"But it does change everything," I say, "you can't expect someone to come into this family without it changing things, it's not gonna be the way it used to be."

"You think of her as part of the family?"

"That's not what I meant, dad. I get that you are head over heals for her but you have to think of the others that are a part of this, not just her."

"I get what you're saying." He sighs, "Just give her a try. It's all I'm asking, for me."

"Fine, when are you guys going back to the tour?" I ask just so we can have the conversation over with

"Tomorrow. We're going to have a dinner tonight."

"Okay," I say as my dad smiles and stands up.

"Thank you," He kisses my forehead and leaves my room.

This whole talk thing didn't solve anything. He only heard the words he wanted to hear.

I heard the whispers in my head again, I shook it off, I wasn't in the mood for these voices at the moment; wasn't in the mood to listen to what they had to say.

~~ Later on at the dinner ~~

~~ Sophia's POV ~~

"So," Jessica says as the awkward silence is filled with nothing but our breathing and the sounds of forks hitting the plate, "How's the album coming?" She asks looking at Jaime and then at my dad.

Jaime then looks at my dad who was too focused on his food to speak, "It's there. I guess we can say right, Vic?"

My dad looks up, "Right."

"Have you guys figured out a title yet?" Danielle asks

"Usually a title is figured out after all the songs are confirmed to be on the album..." I look at Jaime who shakes his head, I know he doesn't want me to start a conflict, "But that's usually." I take a bite of my food to shut myself up.

"We haven't yet," My dad looks at Danielle, "We're trying to finish the songs first like Abby said, and then see what kind of title will fit."

Danielle nods, "Well this whole band stuff is all new to me so I wouldn't know." She says giving me a small glare which I did deserve, to be honest.

"So where are the others?" I ask

"They couldn't make it," Jaime says

"Oh," I say.

"Uh... Vic! Have you seen Sophia's report card?" Jessica says in hopes to somehow lift up the awkward vibe.

"I don't think we should discuss grades at the dinner table," I say.

"No, I haven't gotten a chance to look at them." My dad says as he looks over to me.

"You should, honestly, I think this girl is smarter than I am." Jessica smiles at me. I just sigh and keep poking at my food. 

"So you've gotten your grades up?" My dad asks

I nod, "yeah, I worked pretty hard on them," I say I kept my eyes focused on my food.

"Does this mean she'll be coming back with us to Europe?" Danielle asks

It suddenly fell silent, "I can't go anyways. I mean if dad even said yes, I can't go," I say trying to spare everyone's lives.

"Why not?" My dad asks

"Well, do we all want to risk what just happened to happen all over again?" No one replies, "So, I can't go back with you guys to Europe, Danielle." I say looking at her, "I hope that answers your question," I whisper.

"What was that?" My dad asks

"I said I hope there is more potatoes left... because they're good," I said with a smile as I get up from the table and walk over to the counter. This is the most awkwardest dinner I have ever had. 

EDITED!