Impatient Frustrations

~~ Sophia's POV ~~ 

So, basically, I've been in my room at Jessica's for the past 4 days while my dad at our house with his new girlfriend living it up. Thankfully, I have Jessica who is kind enough to let me stay here... Well, I gave her no choice since I refused (and still do) to leave this room and face my dad. But hey he hasn't attempted to talk to me so what's the point right? Right.

I hear footprints near my door and then a knock, "Who is it?" I ask

"Well, it's your favorite person in the world... Or at least I still hope I am."

I smile slightly to myself, "come in."

"It's good to know you're not mad at me," He says as he enters my room.

I look at Jaime and smile, "Oh no I am, this whole get together and reconnect thing was your idea, I just can't stay mad at you for some reason."

"Good!" He smiles and sits down on my bed next to me, "So let's talk. Amigo to amiga."

I sigh, "I think I've done enough talking for my life."

He looks at me with a serious face, "Can we just talk, please? I want to try and fix things between you and your dad."

"I thought you would have given up after what had happened." He gives the 'just please' look, "Ugh, fine. No promises."

"Okay, look, your dad, before you, had no idea what responsibility was. Okay, maybe he did but not a parental responsibility which is the most important and hardest one out there. Plus it was an all of a sudden thing. You came into his life when he thought you were dead, to begin with, so it was a total shock and he has to learn these things that he thought he wouldn't have to learn for a long time from now."

"What are you getting at?" I say as I turn my body to face him.

"What I am trying to say is that your dad makes mistakes just as much as you do. All parents make mistakes as much as their children do." He looks at me, I remember all the mistakes my mother made, but those didn't feel like mistakes after it constantly happened.

"I know that for sure," I say

"If you know that then why are you making this so hard on him?"

I look down at my hands, "Remember when I told you about my mother and how she used to do all those terrible things?" He nods, "Those were her mistakes... so when I came here with my dad he promised it'd be so much better and that he wouldn't let all those bad things happen to me. I didn't expect him to make a mistake."

"We're human." I look at him, "We make mistakes. It's in our nature, but what your mother did was inhumane, she allowed those drugs and alcohol to take over her mind so it became her nature to do those things. She had no thought to what she was doing, I'm not saying that you should forgive her and make mends of things what I am saying is that your mother is a totally different story from your dad. Because your dad gave you everything that your mother did not provide and you can't just let that all go to waste because of one stupid mistake."

"You know your dad has gone through things as well, with touring and all he goes through this stress and trying his best to be a dad for the first time ever to a teenager puts a lot on him... So, cut him some slack?"

I smile at Jaime being the same old Jaime, "You're right. I should go and forgive him." Jaime nods, "Thank you, Jaime."

"Anytime, my little burrito." He smiles and gets up from the bed, "I'm always here."

"Just one more thing." He turns to look at me, "It's been killing me inside ever since a couple months ago.."

"What?"

"Um... You know I've done well with the self-injury and all." I get up from the bed, "But uh.." He takes a step closer, "When dad took me to the airport, I saw these scabs on his wrists and well I know it's from self-injury because I know what they look like and I saw them on him and I wouldn't think he would do that."

He sits on the bed, "Were they bad?"

"I didn't get to get a very good look at them."

"Oh god," He covers his face with his hands.

"I didn't know what to do. I should've told you sooner."

"No, no... it's okay. I'll handle it." He stands up and hugs me, "Don't worry. I'll handle it."

He gives me a reassuring smile, "Now go home and apologize to him."

I nod and make my way to my bedroom door, "Don't mention anything of this to your dad," He says

"Okay," I say as I leave the room.

~~~

I walk into the house, "Dad? You home?" I hear footprints on the stairs, I walk over, "Hey da-" I look at Danielle, "You're not my dad." I say surprised

"Oh. It's you. I didn't expect you to come by today..."

"Yeah, well, it is my home." Danielle reaches the end of the bottom of the stairs, "Where is my dad?"

"He went to go get food to restock the fridge." I nod and start to walk up the stairs, "I'm surprised he kept you."

I turn around, "Excuse me?"

"I don't mean to be rude or anything but uh... after everything you've done to him. I'm just surprised he kept you. If it were me in his shoes I wouldn't deal with your shit."

I walk back down the stairs, "Well, lucky for you, it's not your authority to decide."

"Hmph, well, in my opinion, he is hurting and you just make everything worse."

"We have the right to our own opinion, Danielle but sometimes our opinion isn't always the right one." I cross my arms, I can't believe the nerve on this girl.

"Well, what you do isn't right at all, young lady. I can't believe it all hasn't just hit you right in the face yet."

"What do you mean?"

"Nevermind. I shouldn't have said anything."

"You already opened your mouth so just say whatever is in your mind because right now 75% of it is already out in the open."

She gives me a glare, "You're a smart little girl but you aren't that smart."

"If you're talking about my dad hurting I already know. I'm smart enough to see the signs but my dad is someone I would've never even would have to think to worry about seeing any signs from."

"This coming from the girl with suicide written on her forehead," she says as she points to her own forehead. "You know, you pretended for so long that you are okay, that you are little miss perfect that now you believe it so how can we believe that you aren't pretending that you care about your family?" I stay quiet, "Because you don't. You just pretend about everything don't you?"

"Like I said, we're entitled to our own opinion." I smile at her, "Tell my dad I'm upstairs in my room when he gets here."

"Whatever," I hear her say as I reach the top of the stairs.

The nerve on this girl saying that I didn't see the signs. Well, I didn't because I didn't think about my father doing that type of stuff. I wouldn't think that he had suicidal thoughts.

I look at the surroundings, my room, a bed, four walls, I look at the hospital bracelet that hung on my wall. I kept it to remind myself that I am better than that. I am better than suicide.

Memories rush in my head as I touch the paper material that displayed my name.

He stayed in the hospital for three days, he lost his temper but he stayed. Maybe I am the reason for his scars. I caused him so much stress, so much anger, so much sadness. Just maybe. 

EDITED!