Chapter 1 ~ Overprotective

Edit: May 22, 2017 (More Detail, Grammar, Spelling Mistakes)

Back Story ~

Aphmau is the princess of Pheonix Drop. Her father died in the War Of O'khasis. Her mother has decided with her father gone. A special guard will be around Aphmau.

My eyes flutter open and I look up to see the ceiling of my bedroom. The War Of O'khasis just ended and my father was supposed return home today. I can't wait to see Father again! I dash to get into the shower and after I put on clothes. I run downstairs and see my mother crying.

"Mother why are you crying?" I ask confused. She should be happy! Father had finally returned after two years!

"Your father. He's dead." My mother informed me, wiping the tears from her face. My eyes widened. This can't be...

"What!" I exclaim in shock tears running down my cheeks. I didn't even get to say goodbye...

"I have been thinking Aphmau. I am going to hire a personal guard for you." My mom said straightening herself up. Now I was angry.

"What? I went to guard academy for something!" I protest, "I have enough skills to defend myself!"

"Well with your father gone. I will have to. You won't have a sword with you at all times." My mom tells me.

"But-"

"No buts! I'm going to pick one for you!" My mom says not giving in to my objection.

My mom doesn't understand! I'm on the Jury Of Nine waiting list! I'm stronger than she thinks I am. Now I'm going to get a guard that follows me around and doesn't leave me alone!

I run upstairs to my room and slam the door. I hate her so much sometimes!

I step out onto the balcony and watch what's going on in the village. Nothing different from the selling of items and kids playing in the fields as usual so I go back into my room. I laid on my bed and looked at the ceiling once again. Sometimes I wish I was normal. Not a princess. I wouldn't have to be threatened by anyone or anything. I heard a knock on the door. I groaned rolling off the bed. "Coming!" I holler walking over to the door. With a twist of the doorknob, I opened it. It was my mother with a guard. That was quick.

"This is your personal guard, Aaron." My mother introduces the male. I looked up to the black haired dark eyed male and faked a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Aphmau," Aaron said giving his hand for me to shake.

I unwillingly shook his hand. If I hadn't my mom would be mad at me.

"Nice to meet you too Aaron," I greet him warmly.

"I'll leave you two alone to get to know each other," My mother says then walked away disappearing around the corner.

Aaron entered my room. I slammed the door.

"So my mom hired you to take care of me," I say looking at him with disgust.

"Not necessarily I'm just your protector," Aaron corrected me.

"I can protect myself thank-you very much," I scoff averting my eyes away from him.

"I'm not going to go against your mother's orders," Aaron says.

"I went to guard academy and I made it to the Jury Of Nine waiting list," I tell him with pride shown brightly on my face, "But of course my mother thought it wasn't good enough,"

"I don't care if you went to guard academy or not. I'm here to protect you!" Aaron said firmly.

"Listen here," I bent down to the level he was to look him square in the face, "I'm considering you as my enemy. You go against me. I don't want you to protect me. Even if you were the only that can save me from something."