Chapter 2 ~ Assassins

Aphmau's P O V

My mother and I were eating breakfast.

"Mom do I really need a guard?" I ask. "I have magicks you know,"

"Aphmau I thought we already talked about this!" My mom exclaimed.

"And most of all Aaron is the worst. I beat him during a sparing match," I said.

"He's one of our top guards and he is caring," My mom said.

"I'm just not use to having a guard watch my every move," I said.

"I understand that but you need to be protected," My mom said. "Aph you don't even let the butlers do anything for you,"

"Because I can do it myself mother," I said putting my plate in the sink.

"Aphmau you need to learn how to have people help you with things. You almost died yesterday because of you being stubborn."

"Mom don't mention that!"

"You need soften up sweety." I said.

"That doesn't sound like me at all Mom."

"And I'm going to start making you where dresses instead. Your a princess!"

"Princesses can be hardcore Mom."

(XD what have I wrote.)

"I'm going to look around the village,"

She opened the door and Aaron was there. I vanished so he couldn't see me.

"Aaron! Let me get Aphmau." She said.

She held up her hand and sighed. She forced me out of vanish. Then dragged me by the arm.

"Aphmau Amethyst Pheonix! What did I tell you about vanishing out of sight!" Mom yelled at me.

"Not to unless it's an emergency. Well it's an emergency. He's here." I said.

"That's enough young lady!" Mom yelled. "I'm taking that sword of yours!"

"Mom no!" I exclaimed.

"Your not getting it back until next week," She said.

"It's Sunday!" I whined.

"Well you'll have to live without it until then," My mother said.

She walked out the door. Aaron was there laughing on the ground.

"Don't make me hurt you," I said.

He immediately stopped laughing.

"You can't hurt me without your sword," Aaron said.

I punched him in the jaw. He cracked it back into place.

"Ow!" Aaron exclaimed.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," I said.

I started to walk to the center of town. When an arrow went by. I jumped. Aaron took me by the hand and ran.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Can't you see there are assassins around here?" Aaron said.

I let him bring me to a safe place. I didn't have a sword. I was completely defenseless. Except for my magicks, but the magicks I have are hard to control. We ran up to the Guard Station.

"Where's my mother?" I asked frantically.

"Oh no," Aaron said.

"I'm going to save her," I said.

"Aphmau no!" Aaron said.

"This is an emergency situation. I can use vanish they won't be able to see me." I said. "Give me your sword,"

"What? No!" Aaron said.

"I'll just take it myself," I said summoning his sword out of his hands.

"What the?" Aaron said surprised.

I turn me and my sword invisible. My mother was still walking safely. A witchcraft user shot a beam at her. I threw a laser beam at the witchcraft user. It was a beam of light going against each other.

"Aphmau!" My mother said.

I had to turn back visible because both were overwhelming me. I saw Katelyn walking nearby.

"A little help here Katelyn?" I asked her.

She ran over.

"How am I going to help in this situation?" She asked.

"Take my mom to one of the guards," I said.

She quickly did what I said. I was getting tired and the witch was overpowering me. I fell to the ground. And put a forcefield around me. It was too overwhelming. My forcefield was even failing. It flickered on and off. The witch casted a counter spell and deactivated it.

When she was about to hit me. Laurence stepped in front of me with a magical shield.

"Princess Aphmau go on to Aaron," Laurence said.

I ran over to the Guard Station where he was waiting for me.

"That didn't go as planned," I said.

"You almost got killed a second time!" Aaron exclaimed.

"You couldn't have stopped me anyway," I said.