Chapter 14 ~ Sacrifices

Warning! Prepare the tissues you will cry! I even cried while writing this!

"Maybe your mom has the answer," Laurence said.

"True I haven't talked to her about this," I said.

"I'll be right back Laurence," I said running out the door.

I went to my mother.

"Mom I've been seeing all these things in my dreams. Can you explain them?" I said.

"What are they?" She asked.

"First I saw a woman singing me a lullaby, then I saw 2 woman talking about something I couldn't identify, after that I saw a man and a woman talking about this person who was dead, then finally 4 men and a woman fighting this man in armor." I said.

"I cannot tell you," She said.

"What?" I asked in suprise.

"I can't tell you. Your not ready for the truth!" She said.

"How am I not ready?" I ask.

"With your power getting stronger that will make it worse," She said.

"So I'm going to be stuck with not knowing who I am for more than 3 years?" I asked.

"It might be less than 1 year," She said.

"It might be more!" I yelled stomping on the ground making the ground shake.

I looked at the floor.

"You know what forget it. I don't need you anyway. I can live without you. I can live without Aaron. I can live without knowing who I am." I said.

I ran outside going to into the forest. Passing the houses and passing the guard tower. I looked up at the gates that separates Pheonix Drop from the wilderness. I heard shouting from the palace.

"Aphmau! Aphmau come back!" I heard mother shout.

A tear fell down my cheek. It pained me, but I stayed strong. I kept on running through the gates. I heard footsteps. I stopped running. Listening to the sounds around me. I heard an arrow going towards me. I dodged to the side.

3 men, assassins were after me. One was bearing a bow, another bearing a sword, and another tied me to the tree behind me.

"Goodbye Princess," The assassin said as he lifted his sword.

I screamed at that very moment. My life was flashing before my eyes. This was the end. I closed my eyes ready for impact. Nothing happened I opened my eyes.

I saw a man in front of me. Blocking the attack with nothing, but his body. That man was Aaron.

He fell to his knees.

"When it comes to being a guard. It takes something even a life to save the guarded." He managed to say.

"Aaron! No!" I exclaimed.

He ran out of breath. He was lifeless. Dante and Laurence came and fended off the assassins. Laurence untied me.

Tears were streaming down my face fast.

"Aphmau?" Dante asked concerned.

"Why!" I screamed very loud.

I fainted and fell on the ground.

Aaron's P O V

I looked into the void. I tried to move, but I was chained to something. I was chained from the hands and the legs. A vision I saw before me. Aphmau on the floor. She passed out. This is my fault. I shouldn't have done this. There's no going back now. Maybe she didn't need me. Maybe she was better off without me.

I caused her pain. I caused her father to die. I caused her sadness. All I feel right now is regret. If only my sword didn't fall from my hands while I was running. If only I could go back. Before her father died. Before the world fell at her feet. Before all the pain she experienced, because of me.

Was it worth it? To be her guard? To be her friend? Or was it just impulsive thinking. Why am I so careless? This pain she has is all because of me!

"IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF ME!!!!" I yell into the void.

The chains broke and I fell to the floor. All I saw was the words "Realization and Regret" on the floor in red.

Aphmau's P O V

I was crying my heart out. My mother had a funeral for him that just made it worse. I was mentally unstable. Why did he have to do that? For me? He's my guard, but also my friend. I choked on my tears. I looked in the mirror. My eyes were red from crying so much. I was losing weight rapidly, because of depression.

I heard a voice call out to me in my head.

"I can live without Aaron," It said.

I lied. I couldn't. Why did I do this. Out of Anger? It wasn't worth it. Does it matter now? He's dead now. I wouldn't sleep. I've been doing this for a 3 days.

The pain I felt was strong. My magicks were controlled by emotions. There were icicles hanging off the walls. I heard rain pattering on my window.

Thunder clapped. I screamed. I was afraid of thunder. How could this happen to me? All of a sudden I felt a presence. A familiar presence. It was dark, it was strong. I walked out of my room out of the palace. Shadow Knights outside.

They grabbed onto my arms. I let them. I've lost Aaron. What else could I lose except my life.

Aaron's P O V

I saw Aphmau get grabbed by Shadow Knights. She didn't care.

"Aphmau No!" I banged on the wall.

She let them carry her to the nether portal.

"Please Aphmau!" I yelled still banging on the wall again.

Aphmau was thrown to the ground by the Shadow Knights. In front of the Shadow Lord. Her body weak. Tears streaking down her face. She looks at the ground.

"I can't take this suffering anymore. Just take my life." Aphmau said weakly.

"Aphmau you can't! Please listen to me!" I said banging on to the wall. A slight crack on the wall.

"I've lost everything. My past, my father, guard. He wasn't just my guard. He wasn't just my friend. He was my lover. End my suffering. KILL ME." She said.

"Aphmau!" I yell banging on the wall. The crack grew bigger.

The Shadow Lord raised up his sword. Ready to strike.

"You can't do this! Not to her!" I yelled banging the wall one last time before he struck.

*Cliffhanger!*

Please

don't

kill

me!