Chapter 5 ~ Runaway

Play The Song In The Background

It was midnight. I got up and went to my bag and put on my normal clothes. I couldn't take this any longer. I had to escape. I'll just make it like I was kidnapped or something. The amulet Garroth gave me the power to fly. I decoded that yesterday.

I turned to the window. I summoned my sword. The demonic broadsword glistened in the moon. I climbed out the window. Guards laced around. I vanished and jumped off the building summoning vines to hold onto. It reminds me of Aaron. Tears ran down my cheek. I ran into the woods.

I didn't stop for anything. I ran as fast as I could. I looked at the stars. I stopped at a tree to catch my breath. I collapsed on the ground. It started to rain. My hair became shiny black because of the rain. I was a mess. I didn't want to go back. But at the same time. I wanted to go back. I closed my eyes. I heard a familiar voice.

"Aphmau?"

I open my eyes. It was Aaron.

"Aaron?" I say and run up to hug him but he wasn't actually there.

I cried and cried. I missed him so much. I wanted everything to go back to normal. I wish I could've prevented that war. I could be with Aaron willingly. I didn't want to be with Garroth as much as Aaron. Aaron was special. As my guard a bond formed between us. Maybe something a little more. I just want everything back to normal. To start over before father died. I fall asleep crying.

Aaron's P O V

I knock on Aphmau's door. No answer. I open it. She's not there. Did she get up before me? Garroth was looking frantically for something.

"Do you know where Aphmau is?" I asked.

"No, I can't find her," Garroth replies.

"Did she get captured?" I ask him.

"I don't know!" Garroth said.

I went back in. Her dress was laying on her bed and her regular clothes gone.

"Oh no," I said. "Garroth, she escaped."

Aphmau's P O V

I couldn't take it anymore. I ran back to O'khasis. I flew above the O'khasis walls. I ran to the palace. Aaron was in the center.

"Aaron!" I exclaimed running up to him. I hugged him tightly.

My damp hair on my back. Tears on my cheeks.

"It's wet out here let's go inside," Aaron said.

I was shivering. Aaron got me a towel.
I felt better on the outside, but on the inside it doesn't feel right. My heart hurt. I have realized overtime. I don't love Garroth because of who he is. I love him because I'm forced to. If I took time to know Garroth I think I might've, but only experience can tell.