Jū go 一 I Know a Bunch of Criminals

A/N: Warning! Hidan is in this chapter. That is all.

* * *

     The room was uncomfortably quiet – even though three people were still in the room – and Itachi's index finger was still placed on Sasuke's forehead. Itachi was still smiling at his younger brother, however, as soon as the younger's onyx-colored orbs started tearing up, Sasuke quickly swatted Itachi's hand away and scowled at him fiercely.

     "Don't do that, idiot. I'm not a kid anymore. Besides, I think your girlfriend is dead."

      With that statement he turned on his heel and headed for the door. Itachi's gaze immediately went to [Name] – who hadn't moved even a centimeter, and hadn't made a sound for a significant amount of time now. His heart shook with worry and his shaky hand gently went to her shoulder, he moved her slightly.

      "...[Name]?"

      She groaned from the pain of being moved even the slightest and mumbled something along the lines of a very long 'no'. Itachi smiled at her tenderly and his fingers carded through the back of her hair.

      "What are you doing?"

      She raised her head up only just enough to rest her chin on his chest.

      "Don't laugh or I'll kill you, and then bring you back again, but I worried about you so much that I forgot about my own gunshot wound. Then when I jumped on you, the pain kind of reminded me," a sheepish smile curled her lips and another little groaned slipped passed her lips as she moved her arms.

      They were quiet for what felt like the longest time, and then she spoke with a quivering voice. "It's finally over, huh? It's kind of hard to believe... Now what are we going to do?"

      "Well, we're going to heal up first, then show each other our matching scars."

      [Name] laughed and then groaned in pain, causing Itachi to smile himself.

      Then he continued, "Then we can start on our happiness. All of the things we've talked about before – all those nightly conversations – we can finally bring them to fruition. We can do whatever we want."

      "Whatever we want, huh? I like the sound of that."

      She smiled; Itachi softly kissed the back of her head.

      "Yeah, I do too."

      "Well, maybe you will both like the proposition I have for you?"

      They both looked toward the doorway and seen the Akatsuki leader, Pein. He stood there imposingly, just staring at them with his purple-ringed eyes. Nevertheless, Itachi and [Name] didn't move, even though Pein most definitely expected them to.

      "Pein, ol' buddy, I'm sure you want us to follow you into some other room right now and have some group meeting with the rest of the Akatsuki. But we're two very injured individuals. Give us," [Name] slowly raised her wrist and grunted, and even though there was indeed no watch on her arm, she gave him an exaggerated response, "one year and we'll be there."

      She smiled sweetly at him and he gave her a deadpan expression in return.

      "I'll give you five seconds," he replied gruffly before leaving them to their pain.

      'Yes sir's' were grumbled through clenched teeth as they wiggled torturously, lethargically out of bed.