11. Who is the Knight in Shining Armour - Best friend/ Boyfriend

Ada's POV

"Babe what are you doing in the middle of the r..road?" one of the two drunk guys slurred walking towards the jeep. As quickly as possible, I covered Selena with a blanket so that they can't see her. They are too drunk to notice. Right? I hope so. I will not let anything happen to her. I have to keep her safe. This is the time when I thank God that she is a deep sleeper.

God, where are you, Dom? Lorenz? Fran? Anyone..... just come here. "So babe are you up for some action ha" guy number one spoke. So as to save Selena I got down the jeep and hoped Dom came here before anything happens. "Ah so no talking, only doing..g nice.." the second guy spoke.

"Damn she is hot, we are getting lucky today Jack" guy number one spoke trying to walk straight towards me. Now I am scared what should I do? Uh... one hard punch on the nose "buhhh..", one on his groin " Ahh" and he is out, I looked at the unconscious body of guy number one.

"Jill....." Jack shouted "you bitch.... wait I will get you" with that he grabbed my shoulder and tried to touch me. I kicked, punched, and did whatever I could to save myself. He pushed me down on the road and was now trying to kiss me but I was fighting hard. I kicked him on his stomach and he was taken aback. The kick and his drunk state led him to fall hard off me.

I got up and looked around to find my phone which dropped while I was fighting him. I could not run leaving Selena with unconscious and injured rapists. Got it! Haash... I picked up the phone and speed-dialed Dom. Come on come on pick up... Dom... I looked over to see Jack gaining his strength to get back on his feet "Hello Domm..." I almost cried out "What happened? Why are you in panic Ada? Ada?" Dom shouted from the other side of the phone. "You bitch !! See what I do to you now " Jack shouted while coming towards me.

"Dom... Dom... please come fast I..." Jack snatched the phone from me and broke it by throwing it on the road hard and fast. He grabbed me and straight punched me on my gut. "Ahh..." I cried shit that hurt like bitch. He slapped me twice... thrice... and then I lost the count. I was half-conscious lying on the road when I heard the noise of a zip. Shit, he is going to rape me... I am so gone... " Please... " I pleaded. "Shut up..." he was interrupted by the sound of someone running.

Jack was thrown, away from me. I opened my eyes to see Dom beating the shit out of that bastard and Lorenz running towards me and supporting me so that my head was on his lap. "Ada baby are you okay?" Lorenz asked me softly running his hand through my face softly. I heard the voices of Dom beating Jack hard. He was lying on the ground bleeding all over.

"Stop... Dom stop" I croaked out, but he was not listening. It was like he was in his own world and he only saw red. "Stop it Dom or else he will die" Fran pushed Dom back, Dom tried to push Fran "Ada needs you, look at her" Fran pointed at me with sympathy. That did the magic, Dom immediately stopped.

He looked at me and ran towards me pushing everyone who was on his way, even Lorenz. "Ada... Ada you okay right?" He looked at me seeing the red marks on my cheeks his blood boiled. I put my hand on his chest. He relaxed a bit but still, his eyes gave away his concern, worry, care, and anger.

He leaned in and kissed both my cheeks and then planted small kisses on my face. "I...I don't know..." Dom looked like he was about to cry "you are okay now. Nothing has happened to you. I am so sorry I was late. Does... does it hurt anywhere else?" he looked at me and engulfed me in a hug as he buried his face in my hair.

"I did as you said, look I made that guy unconscious," I said pointing toward Jill. "There were two so...." Dom cut me "Shh... Did he hurt you anywhere else" Dom repeated his question. "Ya... he punched me on the gut... Ahh," I tried to shift " Where ?" Dom pulled my top up to see a bluish patch. "God it looks bad and may hurt like shit. I am so sorry I didn't come faster" Dom said looking at the bruise.

"Guys I think we should go back and tend to Ada's bruises" Fran spoke looking at us. I didn't even realize they were here. The boys finished up fixing the tires and wait what did he say "Oh..no..no .. we are not going back. We are going trekking. Come on guys you know mom-dad will panic and I don't want that. My bruise is not a bad one just a couple of hours with ice and I will be back to my jumping self" I said looking around with pleading eyes.

I looked around and knew just a look at my puppy dog expression and all of them will melt-up. "Please..... pretty please with a cherry on the top" I pleaded once more. Everyone broke down with a smile, even Bianca had a small smile. "But...you have to tend to your bruise first and I will always be there with you no matter what" Dom said strictly.

"Okay, dad ..... Uh, Dom even in the girl's bathroom" I said innocently trying to lighten the mood. Everyone gave a laugh at that. " Yes even then" Dom said with a small smile. I looked at everyone, then Lorenz caught my eyes, shit he is my boyfriend and I completely forgot him he was there. That is normal right? Dom is my best friend and I love him more, at least for now, as a friend of course.

I looked at Lorenz with a pang of small guilt, but he just smiled and looked like it was not a big deal. Maybe it is not. Thank God!!! I am the worst girlfriend ever. I was about to talk when Dom interrupted me "Lorenz ...can you drive now? I need to keep a check on Ada". 

"Ya sure man, just make sure she is able to run and jump when we reach there," Lorenz said taking the keys from Dom and walking towards the driving seat.

Dom picked me up "but" I tried to protest. "Shut up," Dom said firmly and walked over to the car. I pouted and without any choice, I was being carried.

"Ahhh.... good morning. Why have we stopped?" Selena asked innocently. "Oh, Sel nothing happened just that we were all busy fixing the punctured car when you were soundly sleeping," Fran said sweetly as if he was talking to a 5-year-old.

Selena was too cute "What happened to you?" she asked me confused as I was on Dom's lap who was caressing my face softly and tending to my wounds with a pack of ice. "Nothing Sel I just fell and got hurt," I said smiling at her. "Sleep," I said looking at her still sleepy face. She murmured "clumsy" and did not protest when Fran softly took her in his lap and cuddled her body with his. They looked so cute.

"You are the strongest girl I know" Dom murmured kissing me on my forehead. "Sleep.. sweetheart" his voice drifted away as I was led to darkness with the last thing in my mind - Am I strong enough?

***************************************************************************

I hope you guys like this chapter. A little dramatic but perfect for showing for strong Ada is and that she doesn't know herself but she is the best friend anybody could ever get.

The story will not only revolve around romance but also reveal the whole of Ada, who is she actually and what can she do for others.

Please vote if you like

And I hope you like