Chapter thirty six~

Alison's POV

The waitress looked at me, "Uh just water please." I said to her. My phone vibrated, "That's great, I hope you come to see us again." Luke said. "Of course, but I have a question?" I replied. I tapped my fingers on my leg, waiting for his reply.
Charlie looked at Alison. "Who are you taking to?" He asked. "Uh Luke," I said, blushing and biting the inside of my cheek.
"Oh." Charlie said. (There was no way that he could compete with Luke hemmings.)
"What's wrong?" I asked, confused grabbing his hand and running my thumb pad over his hand slightly. Charlie looked at my hand. "Nothing. I just thought it was your mom or something. Does Luke like you or something?" Charlie asked. "Uh I don't know? He only started texting me last night but nothing really happened except saying goodnight and good morning," I shrugged, continuing the circles I made with my thumb. "Oh." Charlie said and looked down. "So your single? Just wondering."
"Yep," I said with a slight smile. Charlie nodded and smiled. "Cool." He said and sipped his Dr. Pepper. "Can I have some? I'm now regretting just getting water..." I asked pointing to his Dr. Pepper. Charlie nodded and passed me his drink. He smiled at me and looked at my eyes for a moment. "So..." Jennaveve said. Watching us. I took a sip from his drink and put it back in front of him and looking at Jennaveve. "So... how's it going with Michael? I'm just guessing that's who you were texting?" I asked smiling.