Chapter 2

I'm lucky the traffic is not that heavy so I was pretty much early for work. I arrived at exactly 7 am. I headed directly to the front office. I forgot to ask Auntie on where Chase's office is or if he is already expecting me.

"Good morning. I'm Clara Chung and I'm looking for Mr Chase Baxter."

"Do you  have an appointment Ms Chung?" the lady behind the desk  asked me.

"Actually I don't, but I'm the new secretary."

"I see. Just go directly to Mr Baxter's office. Its on the 30th floor"

"Thank you..." I looked at her nameplate "Ms Jen." 

It must have been the first time that someone addressed her using her first name cause she look a bit surprised but she smiled otherwise.

I rode the elevator. It must have been my lucky day because there's only few people in it

"What floor?" A guy asked

"30Th"

As I said it everyone turned their heads to look at me. Im confused, what's so surprising about a girl going to the 30th floor? I noticed that as we go higher people are slowly decreasing inside the elevator and as we reached the 29th floor my only companion got off. So yeah, Im practically alone inside the elevator. I'm expecting the lights to turn off at this time and a creepy girl with very long black hair will drag me to hell just like what happens in horror movies but to my disappointment that didn't happen. I was about to jump for joy when I reached the  30th floor. I was actually getting claustrophobic in there.

I was amazed to see that there's no one on the 30th floor.And I mean NO-ONE. All I see is couches,plants, painting, and walls.

"Are you kidding me? Don't tell me that this whole floor is his office?" I muttered to myself. I began to look for clues as to where exactly his office is. You don't know how happy I am when I saw someone.

"Hey!" I called the lady. Im half running half walking towards her.

"You need anything ma'am?" The girl looked somewhat surprised when she saw me

"I'm looking for Mr. Chase Baxter."

"Why are you looking for him? Do you have an appointment?" The lady behind the desk asked me.

"Actually I don't. I was told to go directly here."

"May I ask who you are then?"

"I'm Clara Chung and I'm the new sec-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence because a man just emerged from the door adjacent to the lady's desk. He looked as mad as hell

"Rica, I told you I don't want to be disturbed right? Was it so hard to keep your mouth shut?" 

"Sir, I'm s-sorry. I was just talking to this lady." Rica stammered and she looked scared. 

Rica pointed at me, the guy seemed to notice me only now.

"Who the hell are you?" The guy asked. Let me rephrase that, The guy  'shouted' at me. I don't like being shouted at. Who does he think he is?  Who cares if he is sooo tall and I barely reach his shoulder. I'm mad, and mad beats everything!

I have to crane my neck to look at him. With my chin up and head high, I said

"I'm supposed to be the new secretary"

Rica gasped. As to why she did that, I have no idea. The guy looked at me as if I amuse him. He eyed me first from head to toe, which irritated me by the way.