Chapter 23

"You really don't want the lingerie?" Nicole asked me for the third time  now.  I am back in her room, looking for decent clothes to wear for the night. I feel a sense of déjà vu here. 

"I already told you 'no' Nicole." I replied. I'm currently rummaging through Nicole's closet looking for clothes to sleep in. I've been having this dilemma ever since I dropped my original plan which is to go back to China immediately and instead stay here for the night.

"I was hoping you change your mind." She smiled playfully to me. I sighed and shook my head.

"Spoilsport." Nicole whispered but I still heard. She sat at the her bed and just looked at me. 

"I heard that. I'll take this one." I took a pink spaghetti strap and a really short shorts. It was the most decent thing I can wear to bed. I showed her the clothes and was about to get out when I heard Nicole speak again.

"Are you one hundred percent sure that you really really don't want the lingerie?"

"If you ask me that one more time I'm really gonna scream!"

She just laughed and lay on her bed. I went out of her room and began to go back to Chase's room. I opened the door and was welcomed by Chase's six pack abs. Holy shit, it took me all the self-respect I have to prevent myself from drooling right there and then. He just got out of the bathroom. He probably took a shower.

"Did you find clothes?" He asked me while he's drying his hair with a towel.

"Yeah." I closed the door behind me and I walked to the bed and sat there for a while. I got my bag and fumbled inside for my feminine hygiene kit. Good thing I brought it with me. 

"I already left a towel for you inside." I heard Chase speak as I made my way to the bathroom.

I went inside and I made sure I locked the door. I took a quick shower and then I began to change. I brushed my teeth and wrapped my hair with the towel. I saw Chase sitting on the bed watching a tv.

"What're you watching?" I asked just so we can have a conversation. I also sat in the bed and then I unwrapped my hair, and began drying it.

"I'm looking for something good to watch, I can't find anything interesting though." He said while browsing through channels.

"Oh oh! Go to Nickelodeon!" 

He looked at me and then raised his brows.

"What?" I asked.

"Really Clara? Nickelodeon?" 

"What? Don't judge me." I continued drying my hair.

I heard him chuckle but he still switched it to Nickelodeon. Luckily Sponge bob is on! 

"Sponge bob!" I squealed. I sat properly which caused me sit really close with Chase. Since he is taller than me , my head is in level with shoulders.

"You are such a kid Clara."

"Shut up, I love spongebob." 

We watched sponge bob in silence aside from me laughing from time to time the there is no sound that can be heard from the two of us. I don't know if he's enjoying it but as for me, I'm having the time of my life!

"That starfish is really dumb." Chase said. I looked at him and saw that there is a small smile on his face.

"That's Patrick, and for the record starfish don't have brains."

"Figures."

We continued watching sponge bob until it finished. After it was done he turn the tv off and then we both lie in the bed.