Chapter 2 For the Good of the Government

Chapter 2

Subject: Jordan 

Time: 300 hours TY#%509H7$ 

Location: 76/<<€><€@@Restricted by government<<<<<<<<<

Content Loading... 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ok, enough with the computers! Ugh, I can't get the sound of the systems out of my head. Just stop...now.

Wait...hold on... I need to reboot. Give me a second...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 

*Startup complete*

Ok, I'm good...oh no, wait.

Aw man, they found a bug.

After a couple of seconds of realization, I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a tissue. I sneezed then blew my nose. Sick day. Hurray.

Sick days affect me internally, but not externally.

You see, I'm the first ever robotically engineered human, or robo-human for short.

You might be thinking, "holy crap! That sounds so cool! I want to be a robo-human!" But there's ALWAYS a catch.

I have the highest IQ possible, and every single piece of information on the internet is loaded into my brain, and on every birthday, I update. Sometimes I'll get a nice present from my founders and get a nice new upgrade.

I'm also physically fit, which comes in handy often in this society. I was made by the government to fight, so I've got spot-on agility, balance, speed, and aim.

On the more human side, I have a personality. I have a social class. The only reason why I'm in school is to learn social skills, not learn things from lessons. I've already got the most precise and updated brain.

There IS a downside to all this though. No one but my family and founders and government are allowed to know that I'm only half human. I'm kind of a lonely person. Externally, I look 100% human, but on the inside, a bunch of work has been done to me.

I'm kind of a loner though, because it took me longer than the average person to develop my social skills. In regards to that, I wasn't really socialized with.

One of the laws of this "robo-human-law" is that I'm not capable of feeling emotions of love, pain, and shock. In some cases it's a gift, but at the same time it's also a curse. They say if I ever feel any of those emotions, I will override my system, and eventually destroy myself.

So now back to where we were; I was blowing my nose in the bathroom when my mom came.

"Hi sweetheart." She said. "Everything okay?"

"No." I murmured. "I've got a bug."

"Oh, I hope there aren't any viruses inside you!" She exclaimed.

"I just want to rest." I whined, rubbing my temple. I didn't feel any pain, but I did feel a pulse in my head.

"No, I want you to go to school, it's Friday." Said mom.

"But...I thought you were worried about a virus?"

Mom waved me off. "Never mind." She said.

I sighed, but stalked back to my room. A few minutes later, I reappeared in the hallway with an interesting outfit on. It was my army uniform. It wasn't camouflage, it was a silky blue color blazer with my various badges and pins. I also wore my blue dress pants with them, and my dress shoes, and captain's cap. The reason I dressed like this was because I was part of the government army. I was the captain of my troupe, as a matter of fact. We were doing rounds today, so I had to be dressed for roll call at any moment.

You may be wondering what the rounds are. I really don't want to explain, but I will.

The rounds are the government's way of saying 'don't revolt against us'. We're basically a bunch of men who walk around the city holding up ammunition to scare people away, and occasionally shoot things. Not people. Don't run away just yet.