Chapter 3

*Megan's POV*

      June has come and gone as has a good bit of July, but time flies when you're having fun I guess? I was dreading coming to Ireland, but Brenda has welcomed me as one of her own so much that I'm worried about leaving again in a couple weeks.

      I was snapped from these thoughts by a hot chocolate being placed on the table and Brenda occupying the seat in front of me. "Gooooood morning," she grinned brightly. "Someone's happy this morning, what's up?" I asked, "Did Alex strike out with a girl or something last night?"

      She rolled her eyes, "No but I promise you there will be another girl besides me that will reject him someday!" I raised an eyebrow, "I'm sorry I thought you two were just friends? When did he make a move on you?" I was intrigued now. She shrugged, "I was 14 and he was 16 and just getting into girls and apparently he had some small crush on me but I don't believe anything those idiots he calls friends tell me, anywaaaaaaaaaaay I have found us an adventure for today" she smirked over the table at me.

      I placed my head in my hands and groaned a little, "The last time we went on one of your "adventures" Brenda, you ended up in the hospital with a concussion!" I exclaimed. "Yeah well I didn't know that there were rocks in the river okay? Plus this one is safe I promise, we're just going up to Miners Wood for the night."

      "Isn't that the supposedly haunted one?" I asked, having done a little research into the area before the trip. Brenda waved dismissively at this, "Nah I've been camping there loads, it's 100% safe. The haunted idea is a tourist scam plus, you have me so you're grand," she casually slung her feet onto the table and swung back in her chair at this statement.

      "Brenda, feet off my tables!" a voice we couldn't see, but Brenda obviously recognised, yelled from behind the nearest wall and Brenda reluctantly obliged, but then leaned forward to place her elbows on the table instead. "So, are you in?" I nodded and received a grin in return. "Go pack a change of clothes and I'll meet you back here in 30 minutes." Brenda commanded and dashed out the door, I swear she's always running to or from her house, before I could respond.

      I unlocked the door and entered our room to be met with Joe playing some game and Mum sitting on the balcony with Dad. Emma must've gone to meet the girls she'd become friendly with again. I opened the glass door and peeked my head out, "I'm going camping with Brenda tonight I'll be back tomorrow" As I went to retreat and pack, Mum cut me off, "Megan shouldn't we meet this girl before you run off and spend the whole night with her?" she called.

      "You have met her she served us dinner last night!" I called back while searching under the bed for my trainers, I had a feeling Brenda would make me walk a lot on this trip. "Yes Megan, but not in a proper situation of getting to know the girl's character," Mum had now entered the room. "Well you can come with me in 15 minutes to meet her again and ask her all the questions you want then" and she agreed.

      We entered the reception area of the hotel 5 minutes before I was supposed to meet Brenda, but she was already waiting on us, engaged currently in conversation with Alex, who she quickly waved away when she saw I had arrived. Immediately, the polite waitress in her took over, "You must be Megan's mum, it's so great to finally meet you!" After a few minutes of Mum's questions and Brenda politely responding, and lying a few times, but I wasn't about to expose her, I was finally permitted to leave for the night.

      We stepped out the hotel door and both of us burst into a fit of laughter, "What the hell was that and why aren't you a professional actress?" I managed to ask through my laughter. She shrugged, "Megan my dear, to get away with some of the things I have, you need a certain charm, and thankfully, I possess such charm." She then cheekily grinned at me before stopping beside a small black car. I turned to give her a questioning look but she only proceeded to open the boot and throw her bag in. "Put your bag in the car and get in for God's sake"