Chapter 23

*Rosie's POV*

      "George there's so many steps!" I exclaimed after he turned a corner to yet another stairway, "Where are you even taking me?"

      I heard him laugh in front of me before replying, "Space"

      "I'm dating a dork" I rolled my eyes.

      "But you love it"

      "I'd love it more if we weren't just climbing stairs for hours"

      "Well, we're here" He grinned at me now, causing me to give him a confused look, "Where is 'here' George?"

      Instead of replying, he swung open the door beside him, "George this is the hotel roof! Are we even allowed up here?"

      "You're asking as if it was my idea," He laughed, "According to our local residency, this is the best place to watch the sunset, the highest point in the town besides the church spire and I thought that was maybe a little too dangerous" He moved his arm around my shoulder.

      "Wow, what a charmer, promises a proper date and it ends up being sitting on a cold roof watching the sun set" I sarcastically remarked before George started offering me his jacket, thinking I was serious.

      "Well, I brought food if that makes up for it?"

      "The best way to a girl's heart, someone taught you well" I smirked at him.

      "Excuse you, Mama Smith raised me to be a perfect gentleman"

      "Whatever, just sit down here and show me what food you have"

      "I'm starting to think you're more interested in the food than me" George pouted.

      "Maybe I am" I winked and watched him pout even more.

      Hours passed and the sun was only beginning to meet the horizon now. "I really did not research this well enough" George laughed.

      "No you didn't but I enjoyed it" The two of us were laying on our backs looking at the sky as small stars began to appear, George's arm around me and my head on his shoulder, both our spare hands in each others.

       "You mean it?" I nodded in reply to his question, closing my eyes and relaxing in his arms.

       "Are you tired?" A tone of concern in his voice.

      "No, just enjoying the moment, do we have to get down again?"

      "Well we can stay up here as long as we like but eventually yeah we kind of have to get off the roof Rosie" George joked, both of us moving to get up now.

      "God George you couldn't just go with the cute couple moment of never wanting this to end" I laughed, George pulling me towards him again, placing a kiss on my forehead.

      "You know I'd stay with you whenever for however long if we didn't have other responsibilities"

      "Thank you for the date" I laced my fingers with his as we walked back to the stairwell.

      "You don't need to thank me, I'd do that every night and more if you want"

      "I don't want more, just you"

      "For how long?" He smirked at me.

      "Is forever a valid answer?"

      "Forever was the only answer"