Chapter 7

*Blake's POV*

      Christmas was a week away now and all of us were a little upset at being split up for a few weeks now, considering we currently spent every minute we could as a group. Except Brenda it seemed, she'd found a new life in the lead up to Christmas.

      "What's got you so upbeat recently?" I asked one morning, wrapping my arms round her while she cooked something. "I'm going home for Christmas, I get to see my family again after 5 months, and Alex!" she grinned and I felt a small surge of jealousy flood my veins.

      She must have saw my reaction to her saying that as she turned to face me and placed her hands on my shoulders now, "Blake, how many times? I like you, I'm dating you, Alex is just my friend, practically my brother really. Come to mine for Christmas and see for yourself if you really want"

      "Wait seriously?" I asked and she nodded, "I'll explain my plan after" she grinned again. "So there's a plan, I should've known"

      'The Squad', as Megan and Brenda had decided to call us now, were all seated in the small kitchen for lunch when Brenda finally let us all in on her idea. "So, Megan and boys," she was actually bouncing slightly on the spot from excitement, "I made a call to Alex back home last week, Blake don't you dare pout at me I warned you this morning, and I found out that there's nothing happening in the hotel this Christmas for a change"

      "What does that have to do with any of us?" Drew asked and Megan shushed him, "Just listen will you?"

      "So then I called James and he said that he'd already told The Tide about not being able to go home because of flights or something, so basically, I booked the 'Grand Hall' at the hotel and I've planned a huge thing for all of you if you all wanna come back to Castlebay with me for Christmas?" Brenda looked hopefully around at all of us.

      "We're in!" The Tide all said simultaneously, causing everyone to laugh. "I'm coming" I smiled. "Megan, George and Reece?"

      "I'll call Mum but I'll have to go home before we leave and pack" Megan answered and left the room to call, Brenda turning now to the last two boys. "Well everyone else is going so we might as well join the fun, plus Brenda surprises seem worth waiting for after Blake's birthday present" George joked.

      "YAY THANK GOD YOU ALL AGREED" Brenda yelled and ran off to her bedroom, everyone laughing at how excitable she had become, like a 5 year old on a sugar rush.

      "Here are the three room keys, enjoy your Christmas, but I've seen Brenda's plan so you definitely will," the receptionist smiled at us as we checked in, "And welcome back wee cousin, it's been lifeless around here without you and Alex has been so needy and lonely" she continued, Brenda laughing and chatting for another minute with her.

      "This way" Brenda pointed down a narrow corridor to the left, "These are the furthest rooms from anything, incase you all end up being too loud"

      "Wait we have three rooms, but there's 9 of us, who's staying where?" Reece asked. "Reece, you're asking as if she won't have planned this already" Levi laughed while Brenda pulled a sheet of paper from her pocket and handed it to Austin.

      "Room 1: Mevi, Room 2: rest of Tide boys, Room 3: New Hope boys, wow we're just labelled by our bands because you were too lazy to write" he read. "Wait, where are you staying?" I turned to her when I realised she hadn't included herself. "Well you're all here for two weeks, and to make this happen I promised my dad I'd spend one day at my grandparents and one at home and work shifts in between, so when I'm around, which is most of the time, I'll stay with you three," she indicated to George, Reece and I, "Unless y'all wanna punish me and make me stay with Mevi"

      Before we could say anything else, there was a voice, "BRENDA'S BACK? REALLY? LIKE SERIOUSLY DON'T MESS WITH ME" Everyone laughed, most wondering who the voice was, until Brenda and Megan both in sync said, "And there's Alex" Well now I'm worried.

       Brenda moved out of the corridor back towards the reception while everyone else moved into the rooms to unpack. I hesitated for a moment before following Brenda, still not fully trusting the Alex I had yet to meet. When I spotted my girlfriend again she was hugging him. He was definitely older, taller than I was and probably had every girl in this town all over him. I made my way over while the two were wrapped in conversation and took Brenda's hand.

      "Oh Alex! This is Blake, yes that Blake I was obsessed with, he's my boyfriend now" Brenda smiled brightly before Alex held his hand out for me to shake. "Nice to meet you, can I talk to you for a minute alone?" he asked and I glanced at Brenda who nodded, kissed my cheek and headed back to the rooms.

      We sat at one of the tables nearby before Alex spoke, "You're not playing her are you?" he asked.

      "What?"

      "Pretty boy band member like you, date a girl, tell her you love her and then drop her the minute someone better comes along"

      "Listen, I would never-" I started.

      "Of course you would, you know she's never had a boyfriend? She's too trusting, she'll believe anything you tell her so let me tell you, if you hurt her, it will be the very last thing you ever do okay?" he was now leaning his elbows forward on the table, attempting to intimidate me.

       "Look Alex, I know you're close with Brenda and everything, but believe me, she's my world and also, make a move on her again and you'll regret it"

      He seemed taken aback by me saying this so I got up from the table and made my way back to the room now.

      "How did it go with Alex?" Brenda looked nervous, "Whatever he said ignore it, he was just being an idiot, he seems to think-" she began talking really quickly so I held my hand over her mouth, "Hey hey, it's fine, I think we have an understanding of each other"

      She smiled again at this, "Good! I'm glad my favourite boys are getting along, you just have to impress my parents now!"

      "Wait, your parents?"