Chapter-6

~A sunset is the sun's fiery kiss to the night.~
-Crystal Woods-

Libraries are an interesting place to live in because they can never be equated with boredom. Living in a library entertains all the five senses of an individual. From feeling the soft texture of old pages shuffling in your hands to inhaling the nostalgic scent of millions of books spread around, from taking in the sight of an infinity enclosed in a little place to listening to the melody of silence around you and absorbing in the taste of a thousand sensations and flavors, a library is a complete package of life.

All the day, I roamed around the building, helping people choose books, maintaining catalogues and painting genres on new cardboards. Usually, all of the stuff around library was handled and taken care of by Rob but there were these occasions when I didn't feel like painting so I helped him with his chores all day along. He always appreciated help so I made myself as useful as I could be on these days. The town seemed quite nerdish by the amount of readers I observed around these days so one couldn't expect to relax as much as a person would imagine by the mere name of a library. Yet, I managed to sneak out of the building as soon as fortune found me and walked over to the big store.

Cara hadn't shown up the whole day and I was intrigued to know what mess she had created in there. As soon as she had discovered that I was a painter, she had squealed with delight and asked me to show her my paintings but I had told her that I'd show my art room to her later when we'd find time and ease as the day was about to start and we already had our first reader at the door. Her face had dropped visibly and I had regretted my decision but then suddenly, she had lit up and said, "I can always wait, Aaron Troy!" and had ran off to the big store after warning us not to follow her. I knew better than to take her warning lightly and had stayed in the library all day but now I couldn't wait to see..her.

Stepping into the study, I heard the melodious tinkling of the three silver bells as light sea breeze hit them now and then through the window. I stopped mid steps and looked around. She had changed and removed nothing but I could see the addition of a few things here and there. I immediately felt guilty of prying into her things so like a gentleman, I averted my gaze from her possessions and stepped out of the back door onto the soft path of sand that led to the big store as named by her. The devil inside me had stolen one thing from the room before exiting though; her sweet soft scent lingering and dissolving silently into the fragrance of books encasing the walls around.

Evening dawned upon the sky as the day prepared to drown itself into the horizon beyond the sea. The tides were gradually picking up the wildness and I knew that the moon would hang itself soon on the canvas above my head. Sea breeze rushed towards me, shoving my brown hair back and giving them the rough look that always reminded me of my childhood. Gently, I covered my distance between the study and the big store while idling over the soft sand and enjoying the evening air playing with my hair. My hands were dug in the pockets of my jeans as my eyes explored the horizon for the orange hue of the sunset.

Averting my gaze from the water, I tapped on the door twice. The door opened instantly and she appeared at the doorstep, beeming childishly at me. Her silver hair which were all the more messy after work ruffled around her face as evening air enveloped her. The blue in her eyes melted slightly from the excitement that reflected off her soul. Her white top flew around her frail frame as she hugged herself to keep off the light cold in the atmosphere. My eyes explored the wild spirit standing in front of me and for a moment, I felt like the whole world had contracted and it was just the two of us.

Her eyes wavered towards the horizon for a slight moment and a small gasp escaped her lips.

"It's time!" She whispered as if lost in a trance and bent down to take my hand in hers. I felt her smooth little fingers mold around my warm hand as she looked into my eyes for a reaction. I smiled at her for encouragement and that was it. She took off running and I ran after her, our arms linked together as her laugh ringed into the sea air around us. After a moment of shock, a small laugh escaped my lips and it only took me a few seconds to free myself of all the hesitation compressed inside me. Both of us laughed joyfully as she pulled me towards the shore. Standing at the edge of the sea, she turned around and chuckled lightly, her eyes watering up from all the air rushing towards us.