Chapter-18

~But tomorrow, it may only be a souvenir

~But tomorrow, it may only be a souvenir.~
-McCartney Paul-

Magic has a way of sneaking through the ordinary gateways of life and pouring itself in our boundaries to make them appear vague and non-existent like paints blend in water and all we can do is absorb the hazy shades in our eyes. Nothing seems distinct. Nothing seems real.

Like those moments when I danced upon the crystal floors, forgettin' the world but above that...forgetting myself. Moments stuck somewhere in my past on a lovely morning with invading sunlight. Moments of magic.

They were dancing about me and I knew that I was standing on the verge of insanity. In a moment or two, her voice started blending into the unimportant stuff at the back of my mind and all I knew was...madness.

Swirling on the tip of my toes, I forgot that I was in the middle of my dance class amidst a group of dancers which was twirling to light music as guided by her; our dance teacher. I forgot...like always and all I registered was the ethereal feeling inside my heart as I gave in to the stardust rising behind my closed eyelids. Oh..how easily I handed myself over to 'magic' when dancing and how smoothly I floated above the air like I was carving romantic poetry all around my existence. How easily...

"Cara Evelyn!!" Her nasal voice jerked me out of my imagination and my steps faltered slightly before I slowed down to stillness. I could hear my wild heartbeat in my ears so taking a deep breath, I tried to register the reality by rubbing my eyes softly. Her silhouette solidified to a tangible frame and finally, I could see her. She was.....angry.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you need to 'listen' to me rather than dance by yourself!" A frown crossed her features and although, I was still lost somewhere in strange dreams lurking behind flashing highway signs, I tried to feign concern.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"The class's over for today. Meet me tomorrow before class." Holding my upper arm, she shook me slightly and turned around to leave. My eyes followed her departing frame and a smile made its way from my heart to my lips. She didn't know that nothing could confine me. Nothing but...him.

"Pssst." And just like that, as if he could hear my thoughts, I heard his call. Turning around in excitement, I peeked out of the window behind me and there he was, an epitome of drunken madness painted all over fading shades of tranquility. My heart raced impossibly and in a second, I felt like I was running out of breath as our eyes collided into a sparkling supernova.

"Hey..don't loose yourself often like that. You might miss a lot of adventures in the process." His soft voice knocked at the windows of my brain and I realised that it felt too good to look out of a ground floor window when Zayan stood outside because...he could hold my hands like he was doing right then.

"Like?" I tilted my head a little and smiled at him.

"Like you don't know that I just kissed your hands." A million hurricanes crossed his gentle eyes and I held my breath. He was right...as always.