Chapter-9

~Rain makes me feel less alone. All rain is, is a cloud-falling apart, and pouring its shattered pieces down on top of you. It makes me feel good to know I'm not the only thing that falls apart. It makes me feel better to know other things in nature can shatter.~
-Lone Alaskan Gypsy-

Parks had always been a source of amusement for me. I was not a person who particularly loved rides but I surely enjoyed the feeling of being in the place and sensing a vibe of excitement all around myself. I had a firm belief that if someone wanted to return to his childhood then all he needed to do was to visit a theme park again. Therefore, when Cara insisted on the idea, I agreed to it without hesitation even though I had stayed up all night to read 'Looking for Alaska' and was proud of the fact that I could remember its name easily for once. The book had given me chills enough to never forget it again.

Asking Rob for a company got a calculated refusal in response. I deduced two reasons for it.

1) He had always been a solitude lover and he didn't want this golden week of solitude to get messed up.

2) He wanted me to have my maximum time alone with her. That's a bro thing when a girl comes around.

Conclusion: Both of us, by which I mean Cara and myself, fixed up the bicycles in our newly managed lounge and set out for a new adventure in the center of our universe.

Night air played with my hair as I cycled towards the nearest theme park. Occasionally, my sight deviated towards my right where she rode Rob's cycle, her silver frock swaying backwards by the cool breeze. Everything about her tonight was shouting out 'silver' and I wondered if she was made out of moonlight itself as I saw her dissolve into the glittering light of the moon.

Now and then, she whisteled a very nostalgic tone and I got drunk on the melody in her soft voice that was ringing the partial darkness around us. As the park came into view, her excitement increased and I could sense the pace of her pedaling increasing a slight notch as the silver frill on the border of her frock ruffled against her thighs now and then.

After ten more minutes, we were inside the confinements of the park and her bright blue eyes spanned every nook and corner of the place with swelling curiosity of an over-excited child. By now, I had grown accustomed to the occasional silence between us and I never dared to break it unless she chose to do it herself. I smiled as her sparkling eyes settled on the dance stage where loud speakers were booming with Justin Bieber's voice singing 'Somebody to Love'.

Instantly, her arm stretched out as her hand got hold of my wrist to pull me towards the object of her fascination. She dissolved into the crowd easily, making her way with extreme fluidity which made me resemble her with water; deep, sensual, easily making way through things and above all, silver in moonlight.

Stepping up onto the stage, she turned around and looked at me expectantly, her silver hair flowing around her face by the cool breeze. The midnight blue jewels in her eyes were sparkling impossibly. I smiled as I guessed what she wanted.

"May I have this dance, my lady?" I bowed and stretched a hand towards her with politeness painted all over my features.

"You can have all that you want as long as I'm alive, Aaron Troy." The right corner of her lip lifted a bit as she lost her delicate hand in mine. I always adored the moments when she first spoke after a long episode of silence. It gave me a feeling equal to what a sailor feels when his eyes take in the shore after a long tiring sail. It gave me a feeling of 'returning home'. Ignoring the sharp pang of her last words, I held on to her fragile hand tightly and we began our dance.

Within the next few moments, it dawned on me that it was more of 'her' dance than 'our' dance because I was merely accompanying her in the act. She was the one who was flying in whirling colours around us; an epitome of silver beauty and I was blinded by the sheerness of it. My hands barely touched her small waist as she swirled around adroitly. Swerving like a stray leaf in the night air, she created magic and sprinkled it all over our universe while I got enchanted by the scenario like a little kid watching a rainbow for the first time on a clouded sky.