Chapter-16

Where are you now - FADED

~I don't want to repeat my innocence. I want the pleasure of losing it again.~
-F. Scott Fitzgerald-

Sometimes, memories knock at my mind like someone treads in silence and places an old photo album on a rusted window sill; left to be seen and cherished. Pardon my scattered thoughts but I'm often drunk on this warm nostalgia that pours slowly in my heart and makes me melt into this silver molten glitter that paints the night sky and enlightens lost gazes and astray steps.

During these beautiful lapses, I blink slowly as a lovely smile plays on my lips for no matter how sad they make me, I've learned to smile through it all. I owe this eternal smile to Zayan Eilqar for it colours my tears everytime I explode into a shattering supernova in the middle of the night.

Those were melodies of ringing laughters.
Those were rays of twinkling smiles.
Those were embraces of warm hugs.
Those were bonds of strong friendships.
Those were epitomes of crazy ideas.
Those were moments of filtering sunlights.
Those were wanderlusts of long roadtrips.
Those were times of good books.
Those were sparkles of star-filled nights.
Those were days of...
.
.
.
first loves.

"Pssst. Cara!" Lying in my bed, my gaze was fixed on the swaying dream catcher that hung in his window as I waited for his perfect face to appear behind its rainbow colours when I heard his hushed voice. Instantly, I jumped out of my bed and looked out of the window as a soft breeze caressed my bare arms.

There he was, standing all alone on the soft ground as moonlight dripped slowly from the dark edges of astray hair locks gracing the span of his way too perfect forehead. Biting his lower lip sheepishly, he stuck his hands in the pockets of his jeans and shuffled the dirt under his converse shoes that he loved so much before looking up at me. That was it. I realised it took a fleeting moment to hand over one's heart to warm twinkling eyes that caffeinate bloods and stop heartbeats. A fleeting moment...to fall in love.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed at him while shaking my head to clear it off the drunken haze. My short silver hair ruffled smoothly on my head in process. He shrugged casually before weighing his reply for a split second and casting me an adorable glance that I wanted to capture in my dream jar forever.

"Come down." He ended up whispering the words I wanted to hear secretively. My heart soared high in the skies at his words as I stepped out on the window ledge and clung to the thick water pipe before making my way downwards. Normally, I wouldn't question him because I knew he would save me everytime. Obeying him had been an instict since...the very beginning.

I wished my room to be on the ground floor but Miss Anna knew the wild spirit living inside me so she gave me a room on the first floor. She wanted to keep me from sneaking out into the night but she didn't know that Zayan knew...everything. I chuckled quietly into the night air as his hands supported my waist and helped me land down on the ground beside him.

"I was missing you." He bit his lower lip once again and looked at me from behind the curtain of his thick eyelashes.

"Me too." My heart raced at his words as I replied to him and we both chuckled mischievously in the moonlit darkness until he placed a hand on my lips and hushed me. I frowned at him because his body was still shaking from the laughter. As he removed his hand, I stuck out a tongue at him, forcing him to shake his head which brought a smile to my lips.

"I wanted to show you something." He held my hand and started sneaking his way out onto the street. I followed him silently into the night air as we made our way towards an unknown future, hiding from the glistening street lamposts and clinging to the shadows.