6| That I'm His

One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without and find that breath is of little consequence
- Karen Marie Moning

C H A P T E R S I X

C Y R U S
K N I G H T

- - -

MY LIPS CURLED into a mischievous smirk as I stared out into the streets of New York.

Lights flashed and the sounds of the busy city bounced against the walls of skyscrapers.

I took a sip of my drink and the sound of the ice cubes rattled against the walls of the glass.

It was then that I closed my eyes and pictured the one women who hadn't seemed to leave from my thoughts.

Silky smooth skin and beautiful brown eyes cane to mind.

I licked my lips, placing the glass down and poured in some more whisky.

My kind lingered back to Lacy once again and I decided to dial a number that I had just obtained earlier today. A smirk played at my lips.

"Hello?"

My lips curved upwards.

"Lacy." Uttering her name with a firm and amused voice gained me complete silence from her end.

She broke the silence with a faint groan. "What do you want?" With a venom laced tone, she the words spat out.

"Many things." I teased her, a chuckle escaping my lips.

Brushing my hand against the surface of the brown leather chair, I balanced the phone in my other hand, in the crook of my neck.

I could almost picture her rolling her eyes at this point. Her arms would be crossed against her chest and her lips would be pulled into a thin, straight line.

"Any plans for tonight?" I asked her, placing my glass of whisky down.

My eyes skimmed across the view before me, the city lights bright and enchanting.

"As a matter of fact, yes, I do." She retorted. "...now if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for my date." And with that, she hung up.

Anger brewed deep within and the device in my hands was moments away from shattering into tiny pieces.

I dialled another number on my phone, holding it up to my ear and waited patiently, which contrasted greatly from how I felt on the inside.

Lacy White could go on all the dates she wanted. But in the end, she'd be with me. After all, she was mine from the beginning.

L A C Y
W H I T E

"Luca, hurry up!" I smiled as he parked the car, remaining in his seat, like the stubborn man he was.

"I'm coming." Grumbling in response, he opened the door and eventually made his way round the car to do the same for me.

"Luca." I snapped, watching him chuckle amusedly.

With a reservation that we were late to make by two minutes and counting, I rushed Luca to hurry with me across the road and into Saffron.

"Alright. Come on." He grinned, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and leading me into the restaurant.

The atmosphere surrounding us was simply pleasant. The soft melodic tune of the piano played in the background of the hushed chatter and laughter.