Chapter 7

The next two weeks Lauren came to my class with lunch and no matter how I felt about us getting closer it still made my heart beat faster. She was incredibly charming now and I was slipping in that black hole again. Lauren Jauregui was fucking with my feels and I was starting to love it too much. She was making me feel like I was a giddy sixteen year old again and I think she knew because she'd push her limits as she moved even closer to me.

I hated that I had to push her away a bit because no matter what happened in the past I still loved her- and not to mention how good she smells. Every time she'd come an inch closer I'd become a hot nervous mess causing her to chuckle and do the most simplest, innocent thing; like wipe an eyelash off my eye or tuck a hair behind my ear. It came to a point where I was now happy to wake up and go to work and I'd try to put on new clothes to impress her.

I caught her several times checking me out and each time I celebrated in my head. It was crazy how close we've gotten in less than a month it was like we were getting together again. But I still had this on going situation that would never go away. After hundreds of different conversations over the past two weeks I knew Lauren wanted a child so badly. It only made me feel so much more horrible and guilty for keeping our kid away from her.

It seemed to take longer to come to terms with Marina and I just panicked all over again once we started talking about children. I've always knew how passionate she was about kids and I loved how family oriented she was. Each time I looked at her it reminded me of how much of a good person she was while I was here just being a shitty person.

I never really thought I'd take it this far I didn't know why I made such a huge deal about Lauren knowing. I knew deep in my heart that she'd be there for me and our baby. She'd take care of me. She'd be my caring wife. I couldn't believe what was wrong with me anyone would want that. I just didn't want to be another regret.

"Helloo beautiful." I heard the familiar voice say and I looked up from my desk.

"Hey Laur." I smiled as she walked through my class door with what I assumed was homemade chicken.

"May your tastebuds be amazed with Jauregui's talented cooking skills!" Lauren joked as she opened her container of chicken and rice.

"Oh my god it smells so good." I moaned as she sat down in her seat beside me.

"Try it then." She giggled before holding a spoonful of her food and I hesitantly opened my mouth causing her to slide the spoon in my mouth.

"Mmm yeah it's really good." I groaned lowly and Lauren blushed itching the back of her neck.

"Y-Yeah?" She stuttered before quickly clearing her throat.

"Mhm let me have some more." I smiled as I grabbed her container from her lap.

"Uh I made you your own but okay." Lauren said holding up another container and I chuckled shrugging.

"Sorry but you know you're like five minutes late and I'm hungry." I spoke causing Lauren to smile at me and I side eyed her as I ate her food.

"I know sorry about it some newbie did a domino effect with almost everything in the way of the construction site." Lauren shook her head and I chuckled,

"Bad day?" I asked and she shrugged looking up at me.

"I hope not I mean I'm fine now." She shrugged playing it off and I smiled patting her head.

"You'll be fine just be firm." I said to her and she looked up at me again.

"First advice from a teacher; be firm." Lauren chuckled lightly and I smiled at the sound.