Chapter 8

Bonjour!!!

Ethan had left before I woke up; I had a blanket covering me. I didn't have anything to do on Sunday so I rearranged my bedroom and Emily's.

On Monday morning I was eager to go to work. I dressed in a white pencil skirt and a white silk blouse. I really need to up my wardrobe. I put on a little make up and put my hair in a messy bun. I kissed Emily good bye and left. Gale was waiting for me even he was in a good mood.

"Good morning." He said happily.

"Good morning you look happy today." I smiled at him.

"I am." He closed the car door.

"So am I."

"How was your weekend ma'am?" He asked.

I sighed in delight. "It was pretty good. What about yours?" I asked.

"My wife and I celebrated our 20 years anniversary." He smiled.

"Oh I see must have been amazing." I was a bit jealous of him once you had a kid you're never getting married.

"Yes it was well here we are." He stopped at the front of the building.

"Thanks Gale enjoy the rest of your day." I said when I stepped out of the car.

"You too." He smiled.

I walked in the building adding a little swing to my walk. That should get his attention. I said 'Good morning' to everybody I walked passed. The elevator was already open and people piling in I slipped in the back smiling like I was crazy. People came off leaving me alone tapping and humming to myself. Mary Ann was there waiting for me and then I remembered Jason.

"So how was your date?" She asked. I knew she liked him.

"It was amazing he is a good guy." I smiled.

"I know." She sighed.

"Do you like him?" I came out with the question I was playing matchmaker.

"You guys are dating. No I don't like him." I knew she was lying.

"Too bad." I smirked.

"What is it?" She tugged on my arm.

"You said you don't like him." I kept smirking.

"I like him a little but you're my friend I can't like the guy you're dating." She looked down and at that moment I knew she was a true friend.

"It's a good thing that we aren't dating." I smiled.

"I thought you guys were."

"No he made me realize that I liked someone else."

"Who do you like do I know him?"

"Yes but no you can't know his name yet."

"Fine. So what are you and Jason now?"

"Friends. He really is a sweet guy." I smiled.

"I know. So did you here that Mr. Bakersfield was seen at the park with a baby?" I stumbled.

"No." I said regaining my balance.

"Do you want to hear?" She asked excitedly.

My heart was beating really fast and my hands trembling. "Yes."

"Well it's on the cover of every magazine. It says that he was at the park with a baby and they tried to get the baby's name but his body guard chased them away. There is also a picture with him holding the baby and a bag. The baby is cute the mother is lucky. They also said that they hadn't seen a woman with him. The heading they had put was 'The Family Man'."