Chapter 16 - Surprise Friend!

This chapter is dedicated to -QueenBee-! Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Airi pov:

"Ohh! Laxus is finally fighting, huh? This I've got to see!" I smiled widely as I came all the way in front. I leaned forward with my hands on the parapet wall, eagerly looking at Laxus standing in the arena along with a guy called Alexie from Raven Tail.

"You look awfully excited to see him fight...." Pantherlily commented.

"Oh shush! I've never seen him fight before! You guys told me that he can use lightning but I've never seen it with my own eyes! Of course I'll be excited!" I commented with the excitement clear in my voice. Besides, I was kind of interested to find out what kind of person he is.

He didn't talk much; in fact, I thing the only conversation I had had with him was in the forest when I first got kicked to this world. We never really spoke when he returned to the Guild. He had a serious personality from the looks of it. He was powerful but despite a small clash in the beginning, he was protective of the Guild. I liked people who fought to protect what was important to them. After all, that's the way I grew up because I learnt the importance of family the hard way.

I was in totally high spirits today. After having Natsu and I had some fun with Sabertooth yesterday, Erza had got the better of them by single handedly beaten every other team in the surprise event Pandemonium. It was a choice match of fighting against monsters of different power levels and she was lucky to get the first chance to pick. She had gone all out against all 100 of the monsters at once and won....gaining ten points for the A team.

To decide the points of the other teams, they had used a device to measure maryoku and give points in order of the strengths of each member. Cana came in first place by using one of Fairy Tail's strongest attacks, Fairy Glitter. Then came Lamia Scale, Sabertooth, Mermaid Heel, Quatro Cerberus, Blue Pegasus and finally Raven Tail. But Raven Tail coming last with a pathetic maryoku level of 4 was kind of suspicious. Especially since it was from the guy and the little creature responsible for draining out Wendy's and Lucy's maryoku.

Oh well, they hadn't done anything fishy after the incident with Wendy and Lucy and Master Makarov himself was keeping an eye out on Raven Tail's Master as well as their members. So it was okay for me not to worry too much about it.

The minute they announced the names of the people fighting now, Alexie shot out and began to beat up Laxus. Everyone was rather shocked by the sudden and nonstop punches that Laxus was receiving but unable to even find a second's opening to fight back.

But what confused me was seeing Laxus and Alexie actually standing in the middle of the arena unmoving. They were sort of blurred but I was able to understand what was going on.

"An illusion, huh?" I mumbled to myself. I looked at the others; they could see only what Raven Tail wanted them to see.

A few more seconds passed and Alexie took off that weird mask he was wearing. I narrowed my eyes seeing Raven Tail's Master himself standing in front of Laxus. I wonder how Laxus felt....seeing his own father in front of him and having to fight him. But from the looks of it, he didn't seem to have any attachment to his father. He looked uninterested.

I gave a soft chuckle shaking my head. Everyone else was watching Laxus getting his butt whooped while I was trying to figure out what the two real people were hiding and talking about. But I frowned when the other five members of Raven Tail participating in the tournament appeared in front of Laxus too. So they were out to cause trouble after all.

Bisca was on the roof with one of her guns pointed at the Master we could see in the Raven Tail Guild porch and Lisanna with the Raijinshu team were in another spot keeping a look out of the four participating members. Looks like I was the only one who could see what was going on here. They saw no suspicious movement from the illusions that they were seeing.