Chapter 24 - Trouble

This chapter is dedicated to tinyposhpanda! Happy reading! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sting pov:

"Oi Rogue! Snap out of it! We have to defeat the dragon! There's no time for getting perplexed!" I called out to him as he sat with his head in his hands.

The dragon we were fighting had said something about Rogue becoming the bad guy and then controlling the dragons and ruling the world with the dragons as his allies. Even his own shadow was grinning weirdly at him and he was stepping on it trying to get it to shut up.

No! I didn't believe that Rogue would turn out to be someone like that! He was my friend! He was Rogue! The Rogue I knew would never wish to rule the world by hurting people and subduing them!

We may have done a lot of terrible things following the orders of Sabertooth's previous Master. But now, things were different!

"Oi Rogue!" I called out again, sending the roar of the white dragon at the dragon we were fighting now. It didn't affect him in the least though.

I took a few steps towards him but I froze on the spot when I felt an immense surge of power. Once again, just like how it was when Airi had transformed her sword, the air pressure around us was slowly increasing. But it was even more powerful than before.

We all looked in the direction of the power source. It was near the stone dragon who was fighting the Dragon Slayer who had turned up just some time ago. A few seconds passed and there was a purple-black spark reaching all the way to the skies. A black cube completely encased the dragon and spears extended out of it. When the black encasement shattered, the dragon roared in pain. Blood shot out from every possible part of his body and he fell to the ground leaving everything for the surround one mile vibrating.

Was that because of....Airi? Was she really the one who had done something like that?? How was it possible?!

Now that I think about it, she had just taken down three dragons on her own! Three dragons in less than ten minutes of the sudden rise in her power level! It was strange that her maryoku wasn't strong but there was another power, something like a secondary power that made her so strong. I couldn't sense it clearly but I guess that only the Dragon Slayers could actually feel the unique maryoku. The rise in pressure though, was apparent to anyone. I was sure that everyone had felt a chill run down their spine at the pressure.

I jumped startled when just a few moments later, Airi appeared next to me. I nearly lost balance and fell onto my rear when I noticed her face covered by a mask. She looked up at me and I tensed under the yellow-black demonic appearance of her eyes.

"Are you guys holding out okay?" She asked. I just nodded, not finding my voice.

She sounded different than usual. Her voice was....doubled. And the aura around her was dark. It was uncomfortable to look at her.

She sighed and looked at Rogue. He had his eyes shut, his ears closed by his hands as he tried to block out the voice of the dragon who constantly told him what would become of him in the near future. He was slowly starting to lose his cool.

"Rogue." Airi called out, her voice soft.

She sighed shaking her head as Rogue didn't even twitch. The mask that was on her face dissipated into black flares, as if it was never there before. Her eyes were no longer yellow and black but their beautiful mauve color. It looked like she was back to normal. She looked sad though; it wasn't a face I had ever seen on her before. No....I don't think she was sad. She was.....disappointed?