Chapter 28 - Taken Away

Dedication to Mangafreak12 - because OMG! You read my mind O.o

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sting pov:

"What Airi said was really surprising! Coming from a different dimension, being a shinigami....I guess it explains why she was so powerful when she fought the dragons and that Arrancar person." Rogue spoke out as he walked next to me.

"That's true. But she really helped us. If it wasn't for her, I don't think we would have survived." I added in a low voice.

I had my hands stuffed in my pockets as I walked. I was staring intently at the floor, replaying all the information that Airi had told us and the discussion with the two people from the Magic Council.

"What do you think will happen, Sting kun? The Magic council said that they want to lock her up...." Lector said, the uneasiness apparent in his tone. He and Frosch were walking next to us and they were just as concerned as Rogue and I were.

"I don't want her to be locked up. I like her....she saved me from the previous Master and protected everyone from the dragons! She got hurt so much while fighting that Arrancar just so she could protect all of us! It's not fair if Ai chan gets locked up for that!" Lector complained again.

"Fro thinks so, too!"

"They can't possibly treat her like a criminal! Just because she was protecting herself by keeping her identity a secret to everyone besides Fairy Tail, it doesn't mean that she had ulterior motives! It's not like she hurt anyone....besides, I think...!"

"Arrgh! Will you guys stop it?!" I finally snapped hearing them stating their opinions.

"The Magic Council's decision is final! Even if we don't want her to be taken away and locked up, it's not like we can fight against the Council! Lahar san even said that he would call on the Ten Saints to fight her if she resisted! We're no match for them and I don't want Airi to get hurt!" I had my eyes shut and my fists clenched tightly the whole time I spoke.

I opened my eyes a little. I was disappointed and I felt helpless. I wanted to help her.....I wanted to stay back with Fairy Tail and help them reason out with the Council. They were trying to justify why Airi shouldn't be locked up and that she should be allowed to stay with them because she had done nothing but help them. Against Oracion Seis, the dragons and the Arrancar.....she had put her life on the line to protect the rest of us. She deserved nothing less than royal treatment.

But we were outsiders. We got to know about her true identity now, just like everyone else. So we couldn't say anything to support her even if we trusted her.

"I wanted her to join Sabertooth. I wanted her to be with us....to be with me. Because....I love her." I confessed barely above a whisper.

"You love her? I want her to join Sabertooth as well because she....she worried about me. I like the importance and attention that she gave me. She's someone Frosch and I consider very important. But don't you think saying that you love her is a bit extreme?" Rogue asked me hesitantly.

I did tell Airi that I loved her when she was fighting against the Arrancar. It was the spur of the moment as I tried to explain how important her existence was to me and Lector. But after thinking about it for the two days she was unconscious, I realized that it wasn't something so shallow. I realized that I always wanted to be with her. I wanted her to hug me like she did with Rogue. Not just for comfort like the time Lector was hurt and she soothed me but because just thinking about it made me feel so warm, so important. I wanted her to laugh, smile and just look into my eyes with emotions that showed that she cared for me.