Chapter Eighteen

// Jennifer San Jose //

*Sunday*

I decide to walk on the park for a bit. I told my mom whose the only one awake and she agreed. I wore this and went outside

I went to the park and go on the swing

I went to the park and go on the swing. I sat there and stare out of nowhere. Sean still doesn't gave any signs. Like what's wrong with him? Ignoring me? But why? I didn't even know what I did something wrong.

My eyes started to become teary. I quickly wipe it and just smiled. It's my birthday. Why would I be sad?

I went back to the house and I was expecting them to be all awake. I went in and it was silent. I shrugged and went to my room. I gasped for what I saw.

There's a lot of balloons with pictures

There's a lot of balloons with pictures. Some are pictures of our squad. But most are pictures of mine. There's a big bouquet of flowers and boxes and a big teddy bear. I grab the flowers and it has a letter on it.

Dear Jen,
Happy 18th Birthday! You're legally an adult rn like us.
Always take care and always be happy.
Sincerely,
The best Squad ever.

I heard my door opened and I quickly looked back. I saw my family holding a cake with 'Happy 18th Birthday Jennifer!'. They sang happy birthday while I'm almost gonna cry. They finished singing but they sang 'Maligayang Bati' which is a tagalog version of happy birthday.

I laughed and made a wish. I blow the candle and hugged them. But of course, we make sure that the cake doesn't fall. We went downstairs and ate the cake. We're having some family bonding.

"Honey what's wrong?" My mom said because I kept looking at my phone.

"Uh nothing mom," I faked smile.

"I know there is. What is it?" She said concerned. I sighed while the three were listening on us.

"It's just... Sean doesn't talk to me anymore since last week," I said looking down.