Chapter 8

Grace's POV

After the whole Chemistry class fiasco, my mind was just set on food. As lunch time rolled around I quickly made it to the lunch line so that I would be able to find a seat. Once I found a seat, someone sat beside me while another sat across.

"Scott, Stiles what are you doing here?" I asked with a little annoyance as I began stabbing the mystery meat in my tray.

"Eating lunch?" Stiles said looking at me. "I mean that is what you do in a lunchroom, right?" He asked with a high level of sarcasm. "But just out of curiosity, are you ever going to tell us what you are?" I sighed and dropped my fork and sat a little bit forward so I wouldn't have to talk loud.

"I'm a witch, happy?"

"Not entirely, why is your family trying to kill Scott?"

"Well I wouldn't say Scott per se, if I'm going to tell you this, we are going to have to start from the beginning." I told them everything, from the beginning of time, how it was my family's fault that werewolves existed.

"Wait, if your family created this, don't you think you could just take it away?" I saw a shred of hope in Scott's eyes, I gave him a sympathetic look.

"No, unfortunately we can create a species, we can't commit genocide, that's why we are basically a team with hunters, they do the dirty work." Scott's and Stiles eyes go wide. "I can assure you I won't let them do anything to you, but I just need to know did you attack that man?"

"Something happened last night, but I don't know what... I think I'm going to have to talk to Derek."

"What makes you so sure that Derek even has all the answers?"

"Because, the night of the full moon, he wasn't changed, he was in total control! I was running around in the middle of the night, attacking some totally innocent guy..."

"You don't know that!"

"I don't not know it! I can't go out with Allison, I have to cancel..."

"No! You're not cancelling, okay? You're not going to cancel your entire life! We'll figure it out."

"Figure what out?" The one and only, Lydia Martin, said as she took her seat next to Scott. Stiles just looked at her with his mouth wide open.

"Er... Homework!" Scott said quickly.

"Yeah..." Stiles and I agreed.

"Why is she sitting with us?" Stiles asked whispering to Scott. Scott only shrugged since he was puzzled as well as to why the popular people were sitting around them. More people started to join. At the table was now Allison, Scott, Lydia, some guy I have never seen before in my life, but I'm going to call him Bill for now, Danny, Stiles, and me. Jackson came over with this douche look on his face, as always and made poor Bill get up.

"Because I don't stare at his girlfriend's coin slot." Danny fired back. Bill got up from the table and walked away while Jackson takes his place.

"So I heard it was some kind of an animal attack... Probably a cougar." Danny said trying to make conversation.

"I heard it was a mountain lion." Jackson said.

"A cougar is a mountain lion," Jackson just gives her a strange look,"...Isn't it?" Lydia said playing dumb, I always knew somewhere below her ego was a genius.

"Who cares? It was probably just some homeless tweeker who was going to die anyways." I just scoffed at his remark and rolled my eyes.

"Actually I just found out who it is, check it out!" Stiles said showing the whole table his phone, on his phone was a news outlet talking about the accident.