Chapter 10

Tomorrow was going to be Allison's birthday, so I decided to celebrate it with her with a movie night. I decided to take Allison's car, I don't have a car of my own since there wasn't a reason for me to have one, and drove to a movie store called Video 2*C. I entered the eerily quiet store and began to look through the comedy aisle. Not a few moments later I heard a bell ring indicating someone entered the store. Being the curious person I was I turned around to see who entered and it turned out to be Jackson.

"Can somebody help me find the Notebook?" Jackson yelled entering the store.

"I think it would help if you checked the romance section not the horror section." I said from across the store. Jackson looked at me and made his way to the romance section.

"Is there anyone even working here?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"I didn't see anyone when I came in."

"You have got to be kidding me," Jackson mumbles to himself as he walked over to the knocked over light, I slowly walked over to his direction as he made an immediate stop and stared at something on the floor. I suddenly stop at the sight of a worker who had his throat ripped out.

"Oh my god." We say at the same time, Jackson stumbles back knocking over the latter causing the whole store to blackout. I heard a growling coming from behind Jackson and my eyes went wide, it was the Alpha.

"Jackson, I want you to get down now," I whispered to his making sure he didn't look behind him. He seemed to have heard the growl as well because he just stood in the same spot in shock. I quickly grab his arm and we both hide behind a shelf. I peeked out into the now empty aisle to see a shadow quickly pass by going from one aisle to the other. Jackson and I both felt the movies that were currently on the shelf fall, then one by one the shelves came down like dominos, Jackson quickly pushed me out of the way as he was now stuck in between shelves. I bent down trying to pull him out but the Alpha came near, I met the dark red eyes of the beast as it lifted its paw and backhanded me causing me to fly into a wall and hit my head really hard as it came into contact with the wall. I heard the distant growl as it's heavy footsteps made its way to Jackson, stood over him for a moment then made a dash for the window with a loud crash. I sighed and winced at the now present headache. I quickly made my way to Jackson who seemed to be in a state of shock. I slowly lifted the empty shelf that layed on his legs and helped him get out. A few minutes later I could hear sirens of emergency vehicles coming to this direction.

--------------------------------

I sat in the ambulance next to Lydia as more cop cars and bystanders pull up to the scene. The EMT shined a light into my eyes to check for a concussion but it healed by now so I was fine. Jackson on the other hand didn't want to stay and get checked out, instead he wanted to go home. I got up from the truck and as I heard someone say my name, I looked around and noticed it was Stiles.

"Is everything okay?" He asked with concern in his eyes. I nodded my head as a similar cherry Tahoe came into view.

"I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow," I said with a small smile as I walked over to Chris's car. The driver's door slammed shut as Chris came over and gave me an embrace, for some reason I felt myself breakdown as tears poured out of my eyes. "It was the Alpha, he's the one doing all the attacks," I said in a whisper.

"That doesn't matter right now we can always talk about that another time, just as long as you're okay." He said tightening his grip.

I couldn't help but laugh, "Chris if you hold on any tighter I might turn into Panic Pete." Chris laughed as well and led me to the car I stopped in my tracks. "What about Allison's car?" I asked.