Chapter 19

By the way I wrote this on a tablet, so I'll be able to post the picture of Grace's dress once I get on my computer which should be later tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------

Who knew dress shopping would be so difficult. After talking to Scott and Stiles, I went straight to the mall to find a dress. So far into this endeavor, I found nothing. It was until that I reached a Macy's that I realised, I haven't been to a dance before. This was the first time in my life I was actually going to be able to do something normal. I was two steps into the Macy's when I started to overthink this dance and started to think up certain scenerios that all end terribly. What if I step on someone's foot and break it? I can't afford medical bills. I began to rethink this whole dance idea and turned around to walk out the door to only run into Lydia and Allison.

"Oh thank God you're here, I thought I would have to deal with a depressed Allison alone," Lydia grabbed my arm leading me back inside the store.

"Uh actually Lydia, I was just leaving," I told her, trying to get my arm out of her grip.

"Did you get a dress?" She asked.

"Well, no but-," she quickly cut me off.

"Then you have no reason to leave, come on, I'll buy your dress too," She then rushed me and Allison to the escalators. "Allison no matter how many times you deny it, I can tell something is wrong."

"Nothing's wrong, I just ­I have a lot on my mind," Allison said as she crossed her arms and seems to zone out.

Lydia then nudged Allison, 'You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, "Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile?' Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress."

"Have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected," Allison said, cracking a smile.

"Excellent."

"But not as much as I'm going to ask," Lydia looked at Allison with a puzzled look as I gave her one as well.

"What? What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided up jock you said yes to and you're going to go with somebody else," Allison said with a proud smile.

"Who?"

Allison smirked as we reached the top of the stairs. She looked over at Stiles, who was looking at perfume bottles before accidentally spraying one in his face. He then looked over at us before giving us a wave, a wave that I gladly returned. "Him." I didn't bother to protest because knowing Lydia she would have to get her way.

Lydia just looked at Allison with a frown. "Don't frown, Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile," Allison replied with a devious smile on her face.

Lydia groaned then marched up to Stiles, "You're taking me to the dance, pick me up at 7," Stiles looked over at me and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Actually Lydia-," Stiles started to speak but Lydia cut him off.

"Excellent, now lets go find me a dress," She grabbed a hold of Stiles and dragged him to the dresses, but Stiles kept his eyes on me with an apologetic smile. I gave him a nod telling him it's okay.

~

"Oh ­ okay, so are you just gonna­ try these on right now? All of them? Is this a 24 hour Macy's?" I laughed as Stiles complained to Lydia as she gave him a mountain amount of dresses.

"So who are you going to the dance with?' Allison asked me as she searched thrugh dresses.

"Uh, no one actually," I told her as I held up a dress for her that I thought would look good on her. She held it and admired it until we heard a voice that made me shudder.