Chapter 4

Grace's POV

"What are you, why were you with those hunters?" Scott asked looking petrified. I could hear Chris in the distance, I knew it would break Allison's heart if something happened to this guy.

"I can explain everything later, but Scott you need to scratch me and then leave," I told him bluntly.

"What? No!"

"If you don't do this, I won't have a reason for those hunters on losing a Beta, so scratch me," Scott just stood there, confused on what to do next. I took matters into my own hands, grabbed Scott's hand and said "I'm doing this for Allison, she deserves someone like you," I made sure that his claws connected right to my right cheek. I screamed from the pain. I quickly pushed Scott away, "Run, now before they see you." With that he ran off.

"Grace, what happened?" Chris came up asking frantically seeing the three, not so deep, scratches.

"I'm fine it's just a few scratches, sorry I let the Beta get away," Chris's eyes met mine and all I saw was sympathy.

"I don't care that the Beta got away, all I care about is that you are okay. I promised your parents I would take care of you and that's exactly what I will always do." I felt a my lips tug to a smile and gave him a hug. "Let's just go home," I couldn't agree more.

It took us twenty minutes to get back to the house and in that time my cheek completely healed, thanks to my unusually fast healing. Once I step into the house I was bombarded by questions by Allison.

"What were you doing out? I thought you were sick?"

"First, I was out with Chris getting medicine. Second, that medicine seemed to kick in fast."

"Whatever I'll let your lie slide since I need you," She grabbed me by my hand and pulled me up the steps all the way to her room.

"Okay what do you need from me?" I asked as I grabbed one of her pillows and pulled it into my lap.

"Scott left me at the party and I don't know if it was something I did or something I said, I'm just freaking out that I might have just messed things up with this guy."

"Ali, you really need to breathe during monologues, it probably was nothing. Just think how he feels, he might have thought he messed up and freaked out."

"Yeah you're probably right, but you missed a pretty good party though."

"There will be plenty of parties I doubt this one was the best." I got up from the bed, lightly hitting Allison with the pillow I had in my lap. "Anyways, I'm going to sleep, if you wake me up I will personally make sure your remains are never to be seen again."

"Goodnight, love you too," Allison said with saracasm.