Chapter 18

The next day, Scott called me and Stiles and told us that it was urgent that we came over. Turns out, he just wanted us over to help him look for the phone he lost.

"Call it again," Scott told Stiles.

"Scott, that's the fourth time Stiles has called it. Just face it, it isn't here," I said while walking around the room that was covered with clothes and other object.

"Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles suggested as he sat in Scott's chair by the bed.

Scott continued to search around making his room messier than it was. "I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." 

"Well, A. You're not alone. You have us. And B. Didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead," Scott went into his closet and threw more clothes all over the place, almost managing to hit me in the process. 

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha ­ they're not gonna kill him," Scott said walking out of the closet. 

"Alright, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter ­ problem solved. 

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find Derek first, just... just help me!" Stiles and I just looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. We came to a silent conclusion that we were just going to stay in our spots and allow Scott to frantically search for his phone. 

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that, when he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" 

"He wasn't going to kill anyone and I'm not going to let him die." 

Stiles just rolled his eyes and looked at his best friend with pleading eyes. "Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" Scott stopped searching as if he heard something. "What?" 

"My Mom just got home from work," Ever since last night's fiasco on purposefully ruining Melissa's date, I felt a lot of guilt and I could tell from the boy's faces that they felt guilty too.

I started to play with my fingers before asking Scott, "Is she okay? What's she doing?" 

"Crying," Scott walked over and sat on his bed facing me and Stiles. 

"Scott, you can't protect everyone," Stiles said trying to make Scott feel a bit better.

Scott simply shook his head and looked at us. "I have to." 

~

"Wait, so you're telling me that you threatened Jackson to take Allison to the dance tomorrow?" I asked Scott. Turns out, he couldn't go to the dance because of his grades.

"Yeah, looks like being a werewolf has its perks," he said with a grin. All three of us round the corner to watch and see if Jackson would actually ask Allison to the dance.

Jackson quickly ran to Allison's locker with sweat streaming down his face. "Hey, what time should I pick you up for the dance tomorrow?" 

"Are you okay?" Allison giggled at his appearance.

"Yeah, I-I'm great. I'm just excited to go to the formal. With you. As friends. Just friends. Just-just friends," Jackson gave a nervous laugh and had a glint of fear in his eyes as he looked over to us.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll still be there," Stiles said giving Scott a reassuring pat on the shoulder.  

"I'm still going." 

"Is that such a good idea? Do you even have a date?" 

"Not yet," Scott said, refusing to look away from Allison.

"Do you have a suit?" 

"Not yet," Scott said with a sigh and slight irritation.

"Do you have a ticket to the formal? A ride there?" Scott finally made eye contact with us. 

"No. And no." 

"So you're gonna ride your bike to a dance that you're not even allowed to go to without a date, a suit, or a way in with werewolves and werewolf hunters all out to kick your little werewolf ass."

"Yeah," Scott then looked at both of us. "You gonna help me?" 

"Hell, yeah," Stiles then looked at me for my answer.

"Sorry boys, but I have a dress to find. But good luck on trying and possibly failing," I gave them both a smile.

"Glad we can always come to you for optimism," Stiles said with a joking smile.

"You're welcome," I said with a wink.

-------------------------------

A bit of a filler chapter just because I wanted to end this book with 20 chapters before I go and edit it. So I'm sorry I haven't been posting, I just haven't been in a good place and I lost inspiration. I've had this chapter written for weeks now and I just didn't have the time to post it. BUT I'm back and I want to start another series so I want all of your opinions. I love the show the flash so should I start that or do you guys have any that you want to see written??

~Melissa <3