Chapter 11

"How's your dad?" I asked Stiles sitting right next to him.

"The doctor said that it's a sprain." He said turning around to face me.

"You're not upset with Scott, are you?" I said narrowing my eyes at him, "If you are, you have no reason to be."

"I have every reason to be-"

"Stiles, he saved Allison. Are you mad that he helped her and not your dad?" Stiles just looked at the floor. "You are aren't you?"

"I already lost my mom, I could've lost my dad too."

"Just be glad you didn't, okay?" I said giving him a reassuring smile he then returned a smile. Stiles then turned in his seat and pretended he never saw Scott as he sat down right behind Stiles. I guess my inspirational talk wasn't as inspirational.

"Still not talking to me? Okay, can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that big - You know I feel really bad about it, right? Okay. What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and - That I went to Derek for help?"

Stiles looked a little frustrated once Scott finished his sentence. "If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you." Just by looking at Stiles I could tell he really wanted to help. It took him a few minutes but he finally cracked and turned around to face his best friend. "What did he say?"

---------------------------------

At lunch Allison wanted me to sit with her because she wanted me to hear about her History project.

 "The what of who?" I heard Lydia say as I took a seat next to the strawberry blond.

"The beast of Gevaudan. Listen. A quadruped wolf - like monster, prowling the Auvergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis the 15th sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it."  I choked on the food I had in my mouth as Allison began talking about the infamous beast my family is famous for creating and Allison's family is famous for killing.

"Uhm Allison how did you find out all of this?" I asked.

"I needed help looking for stuff about the family so I asked Kate and she showed me this." On her neck I saw the Argent crest. Kate has no right on telling her about the family secrets, it was supposed to be Chris her father, not her aunt.

"Boring." Lydia said looking like she would rather stab herself with the fork that she was eating her salad with rather than listen to Allison.

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan." Allison continued.

"Still boring."

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid."

"'Slipping into a coma' bored." Lydia said as she ate her salad.

"While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who created the shape - shift into a man - eating monster." Allison said in a low voice for effect.

"Any of this have anything to do with your family?"

"This. 'It is believed that la Bete was finally trapped and killed by a renown hunter who claimed his wife and four children were the first to fall prey to the creature.' His name was Argent."

"Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?"

"Not just a big wolf. Take a look at this picture. What does it look like to you? Lydia? Lydia." Lydia looked at the picture and I knew exactly what she was reminiscing about, she was thinking about the blood lusting eyes of the Alpha. The picture that Allison showed had the exact eyes. Lydia immediately snapped out of her trance.

"It looks - like a big - wolf. See you in History." Lydia got up and left without finishing her food.