Chapter Four

Chapter four:

Amy's POV

I arrived back home at one am. I checked my phone and there were twelve unread messages and a miss call. The miss call was from Joe so I deleted it. I unlocked my phone. I read Rydels message first.

- WHY'D YOU GIVE RIKER YOUR PHONE NUMBER!

So I replied simply.

- Because he asked for it.

I scrolled through the others, but one caught my eye. It was from Riker.

- Hey Amy. How's your eye? 👀 I bet you still look beautiful. I just wanted to know if you if want to catch up again. Today was fun. Oh and also, I noticed that your parents want another waiter, tell them I'm up for the job application.

I smiled at his cheesy comment. He wants to get a job, well, this will be interesting.

- Meet me tomorrow at the restaurant at 10am and I'll help you get the job... 😊

The next morning I arrived at the restaurant quite early. I started cleaning all of the glasses and tables. "So... Who was the cute bleach blonde you were talking to last night?" Demi asked. She was another waiter. "Riker?" I asked, "His just a friend. I think. I don't know." I said wiping down a table. "He is totally into you!" She practically squealed. "Dems." I said using her nickname I gave to her, "Seriously. His cute and all-" "His coming." She said and pointed to his car. I started panicking. "How do I look?"I asked nervously. "You look fine." She said and grabbed my shoulders. "My little baby girl has finally grown up!" She squealed just as Riker walked in and took of his sunglasses. "His a keeper." She whispered and walked off. "Careful." I tried warning her, before she slipped in a puddle of water. I started giggled to myself. I saw Riker run over and help her up. It looked like they were having a normal conversation. I took my cleaning apron off and put my cleaning stuff away, and stood behind the bar. "Hey Riker." I said, "Hey. How are you?" He asked, and sat at a stool. "Good. And yourself?" I asked grabbing a glass. "Good. Thank you so much-" he began. "Shh. I shouldn't actually be helping you get this job. So, don't mention it." I said and grabbed the ice bucket. "What about her, does she know?" He asked turning around to point to Demi. And she tuned around and waved. "Nope." I said and he turned around. "Okay. Waitering. Simple, yet difficult." I began and Riker was about to but in but I didn't let him. "Waiting, where all wanna be actors start. Okay." I said, and grabbed a laminated sheet of paper. It was a birds eye view of the restaurant.

"Okay, the tables coloured in pink are Demi's, the blue tables and Dylan's and the green tables are mine." I said pointing to them, and I walked out of the bar. "Okay, firstly. Show me how you set up a table." I said, stopping at a two seated table. "Uhh, do I grab knife and forks?" He asked, "This is a restaurant not a Chinese take away place." I said, and rolled my eyes. That's what Dad said to me when I applied for this job. He ran over to the cutlery trays. "Hey Amy, can you get me the Specials Menu?" Demi asked, "Sure." I said and grabbed it for her. I grabbed a bunch of different ones. I showed them to her from the bar. "What one?" I asked, "Oh the one that has, smoking hot abs, and is a surfers delight. Packed with all the essential muscles and charms." She said and I blushed. She was trying to describe Riker. I grabbed the one that said 'Tuesday', written on the top and I ran back over and gave it to her. "Hey Amy. I think I finished setting up." Riker said coming over just asked Demi was writing the specials on the board.

"Oh cool. Lets go have a look then." I said. "Riker. Umm, good try. But the knife goes on the right not the left, so does the spoon, and the fork goes on the left. This is how I remember, Fork, it has four letters, so does the word left. Knife and Spoon have five letters so they go on the right, because that has five letters." I said swapping them. "Oh. I'm sorry." He said disappointed. "Hey, it's okay. I stuffed up went I first started here. You'll get used to it." I said, and I sent him off to do other jobs. I went back behind the bar and dried off more dishes with my towel. "He was totally checking you out." Demi said as she got behind the bar and sat on the bench. "His okay." I said, and she looked at me if I was from another planet. "His blonde, he has a six pack, I bet you he can surf, and he can play guitar. Could you imagine how cute that would be if he took you on a date a you guys sat down on the beach and had a candle lit picnic while he sang songs for you on his guitar." She said, "Demi. If you're so interesting in him, why don't you talk to him?" I said to her going pink a bit. "Okay then. Maybe I will." She said and walked off get to Riker.

Riker's POV

Amy left me to fold napkins up and wash the windows. It was a boring job, but hey at least I got to see Amy's reflection in the window. She looks so cute in her waiter outfit. I was starring for quite a while when her friend came up to me. "Do you want some help?" She said and sat on the chair and pulled out a piece of gum from her apron. "No. No. It's fine." I said, she was probably used to doing these jobs. "You trying to impress Amy?" She asked. She was a lot like Rydel in a way. "Uhh, no. What makes you say that?" I asked her, rubbing on the glass harder. "Oh no reason. You were checking her out before." She added. "No. I wasn't." I said blushing a little. "Oh come on. You totally were." She said trying to tease me in a way. "Hey, can you surf?" She asked me out of no where. "Yeah I can." I said, and I noticed Demi mouth the words, 'He can surf' to Amy who was still in the bar shaking her head in disappointment. "Really? No way. So can Amy." Amy's friend added. "Uhh, are these clean enough?" I asked hoping I could try and get out of this awkward situation. "Yeah, yeah. I think Amy has another job for you." She said and I smiled. I kinda really want this job to spend more time with Amy, she seems really sweet. "oh okay, cool." I said dropping the cloth in the bucket of water and taking it to Amy.

"Here you go. The windows are clean. I can even see your reflect- I mean my reflection in them." I hiccuped. Crap. "Um okay. Cool. Well, I suppose that's it for today." Amy said, checking her phone for the time. "You're not going to teach me how to make drinks?" I said disappointed. "Like hell I'd teach you. I hardly work at the bar. I only work here when someone is away." She said answering my next question. "I'm sorry Riker. Maybe another time." She said giving me sympathy.

"Oh it's cool. Hey, I was just wondering if you want to go surfing with me, tomorrow?" I asked nervously. "I'm sorry. I have to work tomorrow." She said, and I saw Amy's friend again, who mouthed 'Week end' to me. "What about over the weekend? I heard the waves are going to be good then. And if you want we can stay at my beach house." I said, I hope Mom and Dad don't mind. She looked over to her friend who was now acting like she was looking into space. "Sure. Why not?" Amy said and smiled at me. I walked out and waited near the car park for Amy's shift to finish. I saw her parents drive in to the car park. By the time she was getting ready to leave her parent walked in. I put my sunglasses on just as Amy was walking out with her friend. "Riker? What are you doing here?" Amy asked as he stood next to me. "Do you want a ride home?" I asked, taking my sunglasses off, hoping she would say yes. "Well, you did stay out here and wait for me, and it would be rude to say no." Amy said and I lead her to my car. Once Amy sat in the passenger seat of my car she unlocked her phone and scrolled through her texts. There were heaps from Rydel and some from her waitress friend, whose name is Demi, I found out even though she told me ages ago, I may have forgotten. "So, Uhh. I'll pick you up at five o'clock on Friday and we'll spend the whole weekend surfing, and then I'll drive you home Sunday night. If that's cool with you." I said to Amy as I stopped at the front of her house. "That's cool with me." She said and kissed my cheek and left my car. She unlocked her front door and waved goodbye.