Chapter Eight

170 reads? That's amazing. Thanks guys.

____________________________

Riker's POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping out my window. I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked over to my clock and it read 12:56. Seriously. Rocky opened the door. "Finally. You're awake." I said and grabbed his swim shorts. "Yeah. I'm up." I said, getting out of bed and fixing my hair and I walked own stairs. Rydel, Ryland and Ross were in the pool playing a game when Mom walked over with balloons and streamers. "What some help?" I asked her as I poured myself a cup of orange room. "No thank you. Maybe later." She said as a she tied some balloons to some chairs.

I had shower and got changed and walked over to Amy's house. I walked straight in, and creeped up stairs. I opened her door and walks into her bedroom. "Didn't your parents teach you any manners?" Amy said as he walked out of her bathroom and hugged me. I hugged her back and kissed her head. She didn't seem happy. Which was weird. "What's wrong?" I asked her. "Oh. Nothing. Actually. I need some help. I need a new dress for tonight." She said getting excited. I thought it would be too rude to ask her where she was going. "I thought you said you had a gay best friend." I asked, "Please?" She begged. "Fine." I said. I wasn't going to put up with her begging. She was going to win anyways, she always does.

We had been shopping for about two hours by now. "It's not that hard finding a dress is it?" I said, through the door as she's as getting changed in the change rooms. "But that black dress with the sliver gems was nice in that other shop we went into." I said as I heard her zip up her dress. "They all look the same." I said to her and I sat down and she opened the door to the change room.

"Whoa. You look great. You really do." I said standing up and she looked into the mirror. "My cute girlfriend looks adorable." I said and hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek. "Thanks." She said and looked down at her light blue, strapless, just above the knee cut, dress. "You should get it." I said to her. "Really?" She said and her face lit up. "You know what. It's Americas independents day. I'll buy it for you." I said and she tried to hide her sad face. "Really?" She asked, "of course." She said and hugged me quickly and when back into the changing rooms to get changed.

I drove Amy back to her house and went back to my place. I walked in and Mom and Dad were putting finishing touches around the house. "Rydel, do the fairy lights in the backyard work?" Mom yelled, "Yes. They do." She said calmly trying to clam down. "Rocky, is the-" "had the ice cream cake set? Yes it has mother. Don't stress." He said cutting her off. There was so much chaos. I walked up stairs and noticed that Mom had laid out an outfit for me. With a note attached...

- You forgot. Didn't you? 🎂

I looked at Moms neat drawing of a cake. Hang on. Ice cream cake? Balloons, Decorations. I quickly picked up my phone.

Oh, it's probably just a Forth of July party. Good one Mom. I thought to myself. Or is it?