IV

I walked around the neighbourhood, keeping my head low with my face mask on. Passing by a newsstand, I noticed a newspaper with the headline:

Rebel Princess escapes from her castle.

The headline could've been about anyone, but what caught my attention was the dim picture of an office desk with pink spray writing all over it. I went over to the newsstand, picking up a newspaper myself and reading the words under the picture:

It was reported this morning that the long-awaiting heiress of the Park enterprise had ran away. Above is the message she left for her father after she ambushed his office and stole her late grandmother's signature necklace.

I smirked, they were quick to catch on.

I stared at the picture, all of my "princessy" childhood rushing back to me.

Bye daddy.

I sighed, dropped the newspaper where it was originally and walked off. I felt someone watching me, so I turned around. The street was empty, but I definitely caught someone hiding behind the brick wall near the newsstand. I pretended to not notice, walking on. Passing a slim alley, I made the mistake of going too slow. My arm was grabbed and I was pulled with great force. I began to struggle, feeling myself being pressed against someone's firm chest.

Damn these bodyguards.

I didn't have much time to think, so I lifted my leg up and sent it backwards hitting the man's balls.

"Shit!" I heard him scream, as I ran without hesitating. Before I was too far away, I looked back and saw the guy kneeling against the wall, his sickly pale face masked with pain. I stopped for a while, seeing that he didn't look like one of my old bodyguards. He was wearing all black, black hoodie and black jeans. His dark brown hair was messily structured, I almost felt bad.

Almost.

Before I could even go back to help, ew "help", I saw two armed policemen sprinting towards me. My eyes widened as I began to run for my life, nearly tripping on my own feet. Those policemen were fast though, they nearly caught up with me. Unfortunately, we were running the opposite way to where I was heading before. My breathing started to become irregular and I was getting shooting pains in my stomach. I wouldn't have lasted for much longer, if luck wasn't on my side.

A few blocks away from me, Taehyung was walking with his usual cold face, a black plastic bag in his hand.

"Stop right there young miss!" I heard one of the policemen call out.

Shit, they're close.

Taehyung was now only a few steps away, staring wide eyed at me running.

"Help... Me." I stopped, looking back to see that the bodyguards also stopped and bent over to catch their breath. I looked up at Taehyung. He grabbed my hand and ran across the road, not minding the cars that had to stop to avoid running us over, and honked mixing in with angry yells. I could barely feel my legs, but I still ran – dazed.

I looked at Taehyung's emotionless face, he should smile for once.

***

We kept running until we were finally back in Taehyung's apartment. I collapsed on the chair I used to eat my breakfast this morning, and sighed as I looked outside. The peachy marshmallow clouds covered the orange in the evening's sky. I diverted my attention to Taehyung, who was ruffling his hair as he put the contents in his plastic bag in the fridge.

There was awkwardness in the atmosphere, as Taehyung went to his room and came back with – what I assumed was – clothes and a white towel. He threw them to me and they hit my face, getting a sniff of the flowery laundry detergent that he used.

"I'm guessing that you're on the wanted list." He said, with a smirk, taking out a frying pan from one of the cupboards. I chuckled under my breath, got up and went into the only other room that wasn't Taehyung's bedroom – the bathroom.

***

After changing into Taehyung's clothes; a large black t-shirt and shorts that reached to my knees, I sat down and watched him fry some vegetables and brown rice. From a side view, I goggled all over his lean physique. His was wearing a grey stretch shirt and jogging bottoms, his brown hair messily ruffled.

I bit my lip, who is exactly are you, Kim Taehyung?
~

A/N: I'm planning to play with everyone's mind ;)