XI

Taehyung slumped into the sofa in the broken apartment he was going to live in for a week. He had arrived in Japan a couple of hours back, meeting the Japanese hooker J-hope had told him about. Her name was Yuki, she was going to be 30 in two days and had teased the boy about getting her a present.

"I'll be back tomorrow." Yuki had told him, before leaving for her job. Taehyung sunk into the sofa, swallowing down the massive headache he was getting. He regretted not giving the girl that called herself "Lee Chaelin" a phone to call him with, because she was the last thing he needed to worry about. Just as he was about to drift off from his sorrows, his mobile phone vibrated in his back pocket. Taehyung fished it out, checking the caller ID first.

Suga-hyung

"Hello?"

"They caught her." Taehyung's breath hitched.

"Who?"

"Don't play dumb," Taehyung could imagine the ugly look Suga had pulled. "She doesn't seem to remember me, but I couldn't blame her." Taehyung internally agreed, remembering how his hyung had dyed his hair that night after being ashamed of himself.

"Do you think it's her?" Taehyung asked, hopeful. There was a long pause before Suga spoke again.

"You can't keep your hopes up, focus on getting some info about what Grey is planning to do in Japan and then come back safe." Taehyung stayed quiet, listening to Suga talking over protectively. Taehyung stayed silent all throughout Suga explaining the details over the mission.

"Does Jimin know she's there?" Taehyung interrupted, his curiosity getting the best of him. He heard Suga smack his lips together.

"We're keeping her away from him for now. He'll just get angry that we didn't listen." Taehyung sighed. No matter how much he cared for Jimin, he wanted to know the real identity of the runaway princess.

What if it is her?

"Alright V-ah, I need to go back to recording. I'll update you on everything later." Taehyung nodded and hung up. The room filled with eery silence once again, but the boy had only the thought of finally meeting his long lost friend after many years in his head.

Flashback;

It was May 25th, the day of Sora's 6th birthday. Taehyung leaped out of bed that morning, rushing his morning routine and heading to the kitchen to grab the cookies he had baked with his mum the night before.

"Taehyung-ah! Eat breakfast first!" His mother called the jumpy boy back, who refused anyway.

"I'll just eat at Sora's house!" He bid farewell, bumping into his father as he came in with plastic bags. The man wanted to slow his son down, but laughed as Taehyung kept on running. Taehyung's dad exchanged glances with his wife, before both laughed and sat down for breakfast.

Taehyung ran towards the park (the meeting place Sora and him had planned to meet at). He looked at the spiderman watch on his wrist, seeing his twenty minutes late. His mouth fell ajar as he saw that the park was empty. He felt guilty, running off to the apartment building where Sora lived. He bowed at the wrinkled man at the entrance, before running to the elevator. His heart beating wildly, out of breath, Taehyung waited for the elevator to come to the ground floor.

When it did, Taehyung hurried inside and pressed the button to the 3rd floor. The elevator ride was quick, and before he knew it, Taehyung was running again. All the way to number 34, Taehyung began to knock rapidly. The door opened, revealing Sora's aunt. He could hear sniffing and soft crying noises from the inside, but he focused on the smiling pregnant woman in front of him.

"Taehyung-ah!" The woman breathed out, a fake smile plastered on her face unlike the boy's.

"Is Sora in?" He asked, oblivious to the woman's face dropping. The woman held back a sniffle.

"I'm sorry Taehyung-ah..."

~

A/N: I'm thinking of doing more 3rd person chapters, since there are many stories to tell. But yeah, I think you guys already knew but Sora and Taehyung were childhood friends. But what happened?