My heart skips a beat.

My feet were throbbing.I could feel the sand jumping into my shoes and it was getting heavy to run.Panting,I looked right to see a jeep zooming towards me.

My eyes became wide saucers and adrenaline rushed inside me.My feet instantly pumped up and all those excruciating gym runs finally came handy.

My hair were flying everywhere and looking backwards,the jeep was still after me. I hastened my speed and we were chasing each other like cats and dogs.

"Chloe!" A guy yelled from the jeep.The voice was familiar but so was the voice of the creepy guards,so I didn't stop.

"Put your hands up!" Another guy's voice boomed from above me.The jeep halted and so did I.

"Show your hands where I can see them!" The guy with the gun the moustache ordered and I raised my hand.What?

I'm a law surrenderer.

Suddenly,the jeep's owner flashed its head lights and started running.It was headed right towards me and I stood frozen to the ground.It was moments before I would finally embrace death and see that white angel who would take me to the heavens and I would die happily ever after-

I closed my eyes and started reciting the words of God.

Thud!

But it wasn't the thud of hitting the ground and cramping in pain.It was the thud of being pulled inside and falling in the jeep and then cramping in pain.

"For crying out loud!" The guy with the huge,black,not to mention entirely too mainstream glasses.

"Uh..Excuse me?" I snapped at him.

"Chloe!?! It's me!" The guy spread his hands as if this sudden notion would take me out of my present temporary amnesia.

"I'm sorry,I don't know a guy named 'me'"

"Wren" He whined,taking off his glasses.

Okay,don't laugh at me.You'd think that just because he wore glasses,I couldn't recognise him but he had a stubble on his chi. For crying out loud which I admit was extremely sexy.He had a fading scar on his cheek and his hair were dyed light brownish with golden ish streaks.

But...God would kill me if I said that he didn't look out of this world.

And that was my cue to start laughing.Regardless,that the car was zooming here and there,I was bouncing like a goddamn ball and half of the freaking army was chasing us.

"I...I can't" I stammered out between my sudden hit of laughing gas.

"HOLD IT!" Wren screamed suddenly,before the jeep flew in the air like literally.You know those epic dramatic moments in those action movies when the hero makes his vehicle jump over the mountain and it reaches the expected area perfectly with the damsel in distress in his arms with her hair still in That perfect braid?

Yeah?

That shit is a but load of shit poop because that didn't happen.

Wren's alleged jeep flew into the air and we anticipated our successful arrival when some mean guy shot a bullet from his gun.

That bullet died taking one of the jeep's tyre with it and we went zooming down.

Thankfully,it wasn't a mountain or I would be dead right now.It was a low valley.

"WREN!" I yelled,taking his arm,the only thing I could grasp,as I'm sure we both felt that horrible feeling of going down.My eyes were tightly shut as I waited for some serious damage if not fatal.

Finally,a thud went scorching into my ear like a bell and I opened my eyes.

The once mighty jeep was not mighty anymore.All the contents were haphazardly everywhere.I tried to move but I couldn't.

"Why..Can't I..move my hand!" I wailed,trying my hardest to move my hand.Looking down where my hand was stuck,I realised that a huge car equipment,whose name I couldn't possibly know,was sitting on my poor hand.

Furthermore,the front car seat had fidgeted behind in the sudden roller coaster move and it lay peacefully on my right leg.

It was hilarious how I never felt the pain until now.Now,I felt extremely weak and drowsy.Speaking of drowsy,I couldn't see where Wren was.

"Wren?" I called out as loud as I could.I was feeling extremely drowsy and soon my eyes were fluttering shut..

(AFTER SOME TIME)

"Chloe?"

"Wake up?"

"Girl?"

"Baby Doll?"

"Oh for God's sake! Wake up!" Wren whined,his fingers resting on my right leg.

"Ow! " I cried in pain,trying to stand up.

"Don't move,stupid" He instructed,making me lay back.I obliged easily.

"Are they still after us?" I asked,my voice came out very slowly.Just saying that,I felt weak and like Sarah Montgomery.

"No,they lost us" He notified me and I nodded.I realised that his head was just above me,meaning I was laying in his lap.

The sudden heat was not fever.

"Are..you..I mean are you alright?" I asked for his health.He was in the driver's seat.

"No" He said.

"Really?" I replied suddenly.Raising an eyebrow.

"Fine.But it's nothing different from what I can't handle" He answered with a sheepish smile.

"Wren" My voice came out as a mother would say warning her son and I guess he realised it too because soon we both were laughing silently at my sudden tone.

"Fine Mother,I just hit my back a bit,nothing big like you" He gestured at my leg which I knew was looking like something horrible.

"So..where are we?"

"You're in my lap" He said with the smirk on his face and I weakly swapped his cheek.

"And I'm in some sort of forest with you on my lap" He said and I sighed wistfully.

"Should we play twenty questions?" I suggested,because I had many questions I needed to get answers of.

"Ok...?" He seemed unsure and I smiled cheekily.

"How did you know I was in a military shit hole?" I asked.

"Wow,your innocent language is long gone,huh?" He joked.

"Answer me" I commanded and he took out his hands in mock surrender.

"Well..it all began when I saw Jacob talking about saving a certain Sam and her famous best friend Chloe..."

(AUTHOR's NOTE)

I'm sorry I went incommunicado for quite a while.:(

But I was and still am out of city that's why I didn't update before.

Sorry!