Aftermath

"Wake up" I heard Wren's husky voice,looming above me.I squinted my eyes,unable to quickly adjust to the scorching sunlight just above me

"I'm..I'm awake" I confirmed,stifling a yawn.

"I heard some noise from around here,let's fresh up and leave this place for once and for all" He told me,as I took his hand to get up.

We again went to the waterfall for some more fish,if we got lucky,that is.Yesterday,we had eaten some semi cooked fish because the fire Wren would lit,would go out in a matter of minutes.

To cover it up,I'll never make a face ever again going to the Sushi Shack with my brother.

If I got the chance.

The thought that I'd never meet my family again in the same way,jolted me.

"This is hard work" Wren complained,taking a wide breath and diving inside.It looked stupid,but we had no other technique for catching fishes.We had tried for ages yesterday,after that luck stroke and we had quickly realised that fishes had more brain than we gave them credit for.

"Should have joined the boy scouts!" I yelled loudly,over the booming falling voice of the water fall.

"Hey Chloe!" He called me,and I averted my gaze towards him,to see a flying red fish meeting my face.

That bastard.

"You jerk!" I shouted,taking the now near to dead fish to the leave basket I crafted.Yep,If I ever get stranded in a jungle,I would prosper.

I ran into the water and soon it became a challenge of sorts.Who would catch the most fish?

I could swim.It all paid off due to the hundreds of swimming time practice sessions with my dad in the summer of '08.

But,I chose another technique.I just criss-crossed my fingers on luck as I swapped my hands randomly inside the river,wishing I'd score.

In the end,My technique earned me a measly three numbered quantity while Wren scored a wowing twenty.

But we sent seventeen back to the river,because who'd eat so much fish,anyway?

We were all soaking wet while we cooked the fish and ate it.

"Done?" He asked me and I nodded.

We resumed walking again,I winced here and there occasionally,coming in contact with the leaves and such.

I took this silence as an opportunity to think,like really think.What would happen after everything's sorted out?

What will my life be like? Would my mom be okay with me and most of all would me and Wren be....

I dared not to complete that sentence.

"Do I see civilisation?" I shrieked,pointing forward.Wren's expression changed gravely,mixed with joy and relief.

We picked our paces and ran,

When we reached the area,the joy fled away like the calm does just before the storm.The man in front of us had a very familiar smile on his face and he screamed cunning.

"You're under arrest Mr.Kingston and Miss.Chloe " He said and I could just see what happened next.

----

I know,kill me but i wrote this extremely fast and there had to be a small filler like this in between and now things will start to be revealed and ....

This story is about to end in about three chapters :(.

Yeah I know how you feel.I'm ending this abruptly but I feel like this has been stretched enough and i think personally it be a short story like of adventure and such.

Thank you all for being there,supporting me guys and earning me 9000 reads!

So stay tuned!