Coming to terms

(Chloe's POV)

It couldn't have been more tiring to say the least. It was literally like a full metal led up hammer was drumming in my head, not to mention the pangs I got when I moved my feet.

Apparently, some sick guy had in frenzy, shot my foot after I went unconscious.

Yay.

Some was currently in a hospital, with the pang in my foot and headache well in my head and being bored.

All my family members were here, I could see my mom and dad discussing something just outside my ward room, credit to the one way window system, they didn't know I was staring at them.

My mom's hand were moving all over the place while my dad, I was shocked, was going red with anger.

I diverted my attention to elsewhere and I saw my grandmother, father and my two aunts sitting there. I knew both of my aunts were forced to come here. I could see how primp their dresses were and how grim they both were.

Twins.

Finally, I saw Samantha and Jacob having a serious talk.

It was like everybody was in that ward and no one knew I was as active as a ...girl who got shot in the foot.

Then, oddly, I heard a crammed up snore. How did I not notice that?

I had become conscious two hours earlier or so when a blonde doctor injected me again, that was when everybody felt relieved until I went unconscious again.

Wren was nowhere near me at that time.

Now, I could see all of em except Wren. Hence the snoring.

I craned my neck towards my left, to see a worn out Wren lying peacefully on the carpet, snoring.

Wren, Wren, Wren.

"Wren,"

"Wake up,"

"Wren wake up!"

"What?" He finally let out, his eyes opening up groggily.Guys, I rolled my eyes.

"You're finally awake, "He muttered, it took him a minute to stand up, I knew he was damn tired as well, and I was still anxious to know what happened.

He stood up and wordlessly, I gave him space to sit beside my left. He smiled and sat there.

At first, he just sat there with this sheepish smile on his face, an expression which was soft but...I had no word to describe it...I knew he was hot and sexy and etc etc but in that moment..The only word that came to my mind was...handsome.

I stared back, in times like these, I would normally blush.But, and we had gotten way too close that blushing was now gone, forgotten.

I noticed he had a scar forming up on his jawbone; I croaked my neck and moved forward. I absentmindedly, grazed my fingers there,

His eyes closed with a sudden jolt. I grazed it again; I wasn't sure why I was doing it. It might have been the pills kicking in.

He leaned forward and I did too,

"Does it hurt?" I asked a stupid question, it came out as a whisper.

"Not anymore," He answered, equally as softly. I let out a smile and so did he. We were closer to each other than we were seconds ago. I closed my eyes and rested my face against his chest.

He smelled like maple syrup.

"You smell" I stated.

"Yeah?" He laughed for a while, before his fingers untangled some of my hair. I sighed and he continued to untangle my hair.

I could die like this and wouldn't care.

"Wren...I..."

"Don't say anything, Chloe" He cut me off, his cold hand resting on my leg.I opened my eyes and looked up to him, he was looking back down at me.

"I think someone's coming in" I suddenly muttered out. I could hear my mom's loud voice just outside.

He backed away and stood up.

I instantly felt the lack of warmth.

"Chloe, honey, I'm so glad you're alright, you don't know how worried sick I was when you had gone incognito..." Mom blabbered on in such a fast rate, that I couldn't decipher what she was even saying.

I stole a glance towards Wren who smiled at me before exiting from the room.

"Mom, I'm fine," I said, consoling her.

"You know I love you, right?" She asked me, for once in a lifetime, her mascara was streaked. Her business attire nonexistent but a shaggy shirt in place of it and her naturally curly hair not straightened up.

For the first time in ten years, she looked like mom I knew. The one who loved me for me.

"Yes mom, I know," I finally answered her and her expressions went relieved. Overcome with emotion, she hugged me tightly. She also like Wren, smelled like maple syrup.

"Why does everyone smell like maple syrup?" I let out my question and my dad looked at me with an incredulous expression, when Shane came in.

"Maybe your pregnancy is finally showing it's colors" He smiled cheekily.

"WHAT?" I asked surprised.Like hell? I was still a virgin.

"Kidding sis" He rolled his eyes and very awkwardly, I might add, he half hugged me and I smacked him with my fist.

"Idiot"

"Egg whole"

"Eggs don't have a hole, Shane" I muttered.

"Mine does"

"Aren't guys supposed to have sperm?"

"Why? Got one inside of you?"

"Kids! Shut up!" Mom sighed exasperated, rolling her eyes.

And for some time, all was well and normal in the hospital ward number thirty six.